Corporate sponsorship enables LUMA to showcase internationally and nationally recognized exhibitions and to create educational programs and innovative community, school, and family outreach initiatives. We offer a diverse range of targeted sponsorship opportunities that reach the Museum's 20,000+ annual visitors and 400 members, as well as your company's constituency. LUMA's prime location, university affiliation, and position within the museum community promises your company exceptional promotional exposure. The following includes a list of opportunities. Additionally, we can tailor a sponsorship package that best accommodates your company's marketing goals.
Each year, LUMA presents four to five major and companion exhibitions that range from medieval to contemporary works. Sponsorships generally range from $10,000 to $150,000. Lead and Co-Sponsorships are available. Please visit LUMA's exhibitons page for a list of upcoming exhibition sponsorship opportunities.
Prominently display your corporation's name through a variety of creative naming opportunities that include galleries, furniture, equipment, programs, and publications. Opportunities start at just $500. Click here for naming opportunities.
Reach out to LUMA's dedicated and active support base. Sponsorships for single and series events range from $2,500 to $25,000.
- Members' Opening Receptions: Special preview opening receptions offered free of charge for museum members.
- The Martin D'Arcy Society: Exclusive tours, gallery visits, seminars, and annual recognition dinner designed for the museum's highest level of donors.
- Arts Events for Young Professionals: Designed for young professionals, generally under the age of 45, we can create educational and philanthropic events that focus on networking with the goal of shaping the next generation of arts and culture leaders.
Sponsor a free public program and promote your business to LUMA's diverse audience. Sponsorships for single events range from $2,500 to $5,000, and $5,000 to $50,000 for a series.
- Free Tuesdays: Art for everyone! Sponsor free admission from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Daily docent tours: Free docent-guided public tours offered every day at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Lunch at LUMA: Spring and fall series that provide an enriching lifelong learning opportunity. Guests enjoy a docent tour of the Museum, an engaging lecture, and catered lunch.
- Music performances & dance: A collaborative partnership between LUMA and Chicago-area music organizations and dance companies that provides free public concerts and dance performances to engage audiences in the integral relationship between music and the visual arts.
- Lecture and dance series: A series of public lectures complement rotating exhibitions.
K-12 Education & Family Programs
Sponsor an educational or family program and promote your business to LUMA's diverse audience. Sponsorships for single events range from $2,500 to $5,000, and $5,000 to $50,000 for a series.
- School Bus Transportation Scholarship Program: Offset transportation costs for economically disadvantaged schools in Cook County to bring students to LUMA. ($2,500 brings over 500 children to LUMA.)
- Young Curators: A youth outreach program that fosters an appreciation for and understanding of art by engaging children in art creation and curatorial aspects of a museum.
- Free Family Days: Treat caretakers and kids to a family-friendly free day once a month. Includes music and dance performances, hands-on activities, storytellers, tours, and gallery scavenger hunts.
- Educator Workshops: Workshops to help educators integrate exhibition content into their curricula. Participants receive Continuing Education Unit credit.
Publications & Advertising
Reach over 20,000 key prospects and LUMA members through annual sponsorship of the Museum's quarterly newsletter, the LUMANARY, or choose to extend your scope and support LUMA through radio advertising on LUMA partner WBEZ or the station of your choice. Sponsorships range from $5,000 to $50,000.
For a list of current and past sponsors, click here.
For more information, please contact Molly Tarbell at 312.915.7667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.