Hospitalist and Comprehensive Care Program Projects
Looking for a research position for the academic year or summer? Consider the Hospitalist Project or the Comprehensive Care Program! This is an excellent and unique opportunity for students interested in a career in healthcare or research, especially those applying to medical school or any other graduate program.
Who is eligible? Everyone (Ages 18+)
What are thes studies?
- Hospitalist Project: an observational study that aims to improve the care patients receive in the hospital. It has been around for nearly 17 years.
- Comprehensive Care Program Study: a randomized clinical trial evaluating a new model of care in which physicians focus their practice on caring for patients at risk of hospitalization by providing both inpatient and outpatient care.
- Principal Investigator: Dr. David Meltzer
What would I get to do?
You will be interviewing patients about their hospital stay in order to inform research questions regarding the quality of patient care given. Additionally, you will be collaborating with researchers, finding out how we can improve hospital care and treatment.
What is the commitment like?
We have flexible schedules and welcome help from 8am-9pm daily (including weekends). We ask for an initial commitment of 4 months because of the training involved.
- Learn how to administer interviews among hospitalized patients
- Patient interaction
- Help improve patient care
- Improve communication skills
- Network with physicians, nurses, and other research assistants throughout Chicagoland
- Shadowing Program – an opportunity to shadow physicians within the section of hospital medicine)
- Receive mentorship from those with years of research and clinical experience
Am I right for this internship?
We are looking for enthusiastic, responsible, committed individuals of strong moral character and have interests in clinical research. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter, indicating your preference between the two projects (if any) to email@example.com.