Minor: Asian Languages and Literature
Loyola Hindi language student, James Siegel, during study abroad program in India.
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures currently offers a minor in Asian Languages and Literatures. Currently languages that can be used to fulfill the requirements of the minor are Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Hindi, Urdu, and Japanese. The literature requirement can be filled using two of our Asian Literature in Translation Courses (which currently cover topics in South Asian and Middle Eastern Literature).
Requirements for the Minor
- 4 Language courses (in either one or at most two different languages)
- 2 Asian Literature in Translation courses
6 total courses
- Arabic 101, 102, 103, 104, 250, 251
- Chinese 101, 102, 103, 104, 250, 251, 341, 395
- Hindi-Urdu 101, 102, 103, 104
- Japanese 101, 102, 103, 104
- Urdu 101, 102
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Wiley Feinstein
Director, Asian Languages and Literatures Minor
Italian Professor, Modern Languages and Literatures