Financial Aid & Scholarships
DFPA Instrumental Music Ensemble Scholarships
- These awards provide annual financial assistance to talented students who play in Jazz Ensemble, Orchestra or Wind Ensemble.
- Eligibility: Must be enrolled in one+ of the ensembles listed for fall and spring semester, be a member in good standing, and maintain full-time student status at Loyola University Chicago.
- Requirements: Successful audition. You do not need to be a music major/minor to receive this scholarship.
- For All Ensembles: Winds/Brass/Percussion: Chromatic scale, ascending/descending, full instrument range or at least 2 octaves as well as one other major scale of choice. Strings: 3-octave scales of choice.
- For Orchestra & Wind Ensemble (strings, winds, brass, and percussion): Two short, contrasting (lyrical/technical) pieces or excerpts, no more than 4-5 minutes total.
- For Jazz Ensemble: Prepare a jazz etude or a selection of big band music. Contact Scott Burns at email@example.com for more info. Optional: improvise over F or B-flat blues.
- Applications and Auditions: Application is by audition and is open to all instruments. Special consideration will be given to students who enroll in two+ ensembles, and drum set players with jazz band experience.
- Dates: Interested students should contact Director of Ensembles Dr. Frederick Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monetary Value: $1,110 for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Terms of Renewal: Maintenance of full-time student status with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
The Walter Zanozik Scholarship
- This award is available annually to provide financial assistance to talented performance students who are Music majors at Loyola University Chicago.
- Eligibility: Must maintain full-time student status at Loyola University Chicago with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0. Must demonstrate financial need or qualification for need.
- Requirements: Must be declared as a Music major and demonstrate vocal, guitar, keyboard, or accompaniment talent.
- Applications and Auditions: No application or audition. Recipient is announced before June 1st of each year.
- Monetary Value: Up to $2,000; determined by the number and quality of applications.
- Terms of Renewal: Maintenance of full-time student status with minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 at Loyola University Chicago as a major in Music with successful performance in principal applied area, as demonstrated in musicales, recitals, or rehearsals/performances (accompanists only).
To help make college affordable, Loyola offers a number of scholarships and assistance in applying for financial aid.