Departmental Policies and Forms
Locks and lockers are provided free of charge to all DFPA students (enrolled in a DFPA class or a major/minor).
- DFPA students must fill out the Music/Theatre Lock & Locker Usage Agreement form.
- After form is completed, student will find an open locker on the 1st floor of Mundelein
- Desk staff will provide a working lock that matches agreement form lock number (listed on top right of form; forms are in numerical order. Find lock first, then match locker to form number)
- Desk staff will write locker combination on small post-it note and give it to student with lock
- Please note that THTR lockers need to be specially identified, so that it is not confused with a music locker.
- Instruments are $30 per term; student must fill out the appropriate form. Forms must be turned in to Scott Heston. To retrieve the instrument, the student should contact their professor or Scott Heston. These forms can be brought, along with the lock forms, to Office 174 - there is a tray for them.
- DFPA students (music majors, theatre majors, musical theatre minors, and students enrolled in music courses) are allowed to use practice rooms on the 1st and 10th floors for free, while non-DFPA students must pay $30 per term to receive access to practice rooms. We only provide access to the 1st floor to registered piano students, and they will receive a special PIN number after the add/drop period for classes. These rooms are specially reserved for piano students unless other reservations or arrangements have been made through Marta Wasko.
- Contact Marta Wasko for any inquiries. All forms are located at the Mundelein Information Desk.
Space Reservation Information
The Department of Fine and Performing Arts has a number of specialized classroom spaces, rehearsal rooms, studios and conference rooms that can be requested for your use.
- Requests from DFPA faculty/staff for space reservations for rehearsal spaces (MUND 125, MUND 409 and RAA 210 (Dance Studio) and performance spaces (Newhart Family Theatre, Underground Theatre and the Skowronski Music Hallshould be forwarded to April Browning, as well as if you are planning an event that would have a public audience (outside of students in a class).
- Any additional requests, especially for the scheduling of applied music lessons, are handled by Marta Wasko.
- Requests for Reservations for official DFPA business for non-DFPA spaces should be sent to Natasha Bhamla, these spaces may not be available as they need to be booked through the university system 25Live.
- All DFPA meetings, rehearsals, classes, and other related events (i.e. events in Mundelein Auditorium) are organized on this calendar and can be reserved. To make a reservation, click on the "Requesting Space?" button at the top of the left hand side of the calendar.
Italy Choir Application
The Department of Fine and Performing Arts will be hosting a trip for the choir to Italy in the Summer of 2015. The trip will be from June 19-30 at the John Felice Rome Center. If you are interested, please fill out the form below. The deadline for applying will be announced soon. In addition, you will also need to fill out a medical history form, which will be posted shortly. Please check back here for more details as they become available. If you would like more information regarding this trip feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Click here for the Italy Choir Application 2015 application.