Application Requirements using Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS)
The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org , e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org. DICAS will be available in December for the Spring Match. The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
- 1000 Word limit
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to
DICAS- Transcript Dept, PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15. There is a $50.00 computer matching fee.
- In addition to the DICAS application requirements outlined above, you are required to mail the following two supplemental items by February 15:
- an application fee of $40.00 as a check or money order to Loyola University Chicago
- the completed form, Loyola Dietetic Internship Track Selection, which can be accessed here.
Please mail these supplemental items to:
Joanne Kouba, PhD, RD, LDN
Director, Loyola Dietetic Internship
Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
2160 South First Avenue, Building 125-4531
Maywood, IL 60153
For those applying to the MS/DI (#156 with D&D), after you have been matched to the LDI MS/DI, then you will receive instructions on application to the Loyola Graduate School. GRE scores will be required if your cumulative GPA is less than 3.0.
Minimum requirements for admission to the Dietetic Internship Program in the Niehoff School of Nursing:
- Completion of the Didactic Program in Dietetics from college or university with a CADE- accredited program,
- Completion of baccalaureate degree with GPA greater than 3.0,
- Submission of application materials described above.
The LDI participates in the nationwide, computerized matching process which is administered by D&D Digital Company, Ames, IA. Each track of the LDI is assigned a number by D&D Digital for computerized matching. Applicants must designate for which track(s) of the LDI they wish to apply through D&D Digital requirements and also in their letter of application. It is necessary for applicants to submit dietetic internship ranking preferences according to D&D Digital requirements. For additional information about this process and requirements is available at the following website: http://www.dnddigital.com/ada/index.php. The LDI receives over 100 applications for 10 positions in each track. Not all applicants will be accepted. These are the minimum requirements for consideration.
Additional information about dietetic internships and accreditation can be obtained from CADE, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60606, and 1-800-877-1600 or email@example.com.