Training and Workshops
Register for spring training sessions now!
Expand your technology tool kit and learn innovative ways to engage students and enhance the learning environment!
Training and workshops are being offered for faculty and staff on the following topics:
Cut the Clutter! → Learn how to:
- Organize and manage your computer files using your personal network drive and/or flash drives.
- Download and upload course files quickly and easily from Sakai.
Supplementing F2F Instruction with Sakai → Learn:
- Effective and efficient ways to present course materials to students.
- Best practices related to website usability.
- Use "building block" components designed to assist faculty with the course creation process in Sakai.
Sakai - Tools You Can Use → Learn:
- About Panopto, a new lecture capture tool available as a tool in Sakai.
- How to record screen content and video of the instructor simultaneously.
Sakai - Using the Gradebook → Drop In:
- An ID Team member will be available to answer questions and provide support for Gradebook issues and set up.
Instructional Design Series
Meet ADDIE! → Learn:
- About systematic planning for course development.
- How you can use ADDIE, an Instructional Design model to think through the design of a course.
"Digestible Bites" - Presenting Instructional Content in Chunks → Learn:
- About the concept of chunking and explore examples of how you may use this principle of instruction to present information to learners.
Concept Map Construction → Learn:
How to create and use concept maps, a type of graphic organizer, in the instructional setting and how to leverage technology to construct concept maps quickly and easily.
Visit the registration page for more detailed descriptions of the training and workshop sessions along with links to relevant research or instructional guides.
Register for a training session (coming soon)