Two West Suburban Cook County Nursing Scholarships Available
The Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing invites students who currently live in West Suburban Cook County and have lived there for the past three years to apply for two new nursing scholarships. The Westlake Nursing Scholarship and The Honorable Thomas A. Hett Scholarship will provide up to $10,000 tuition funding per year for MNSON students in order to enhance health and health care in the communities of West Suburban Cook County. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate nursing program at Loyola University Chicago’s Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing and provide proof of residency for the past three years in West Suburban Cook County.
To be eligible for a West Suburban Nursing Scholarship:
1. The applicant must provide proof of current residency over the past 3 years in one of the following West Suburban Cook County communities:
Bellwood, Berwyn, Broadview, Berkeley, Brookfield, Cicero. Forest Park, Hillside, LaGrange, LaGrange Park, Maywood, Melrose Park, Northlake, North Riverside, Oak Park, Riverside, River Forest, Stone Park, Westchester, and Western Springs.
2. The applicant must be enrolled in one of the following nursing programs at the Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing:
- RN to BSN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) -- must be a junior or senior
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
To apply, please submit the following by August 10, 2012
- The completed application form
- A 500 word statement about your future goals in nursing and your commitment to enhancing the health of patients and families residing in the West Suburban Cook County communities.
The Scholarships Review Committee will undertake a blind review of all scholarship applications. Preference for funding will be given to those students who demonstrate a high probability for success as evidenced by their statements and GPA.
More Featured Stories
Study AbroadLoyola’s Vietnam Center program named ‘most enriching’ in SE Asia
Health SciencesStritch’s Katherine Radek, PhD, wins prestigious research award
In the newsWe’re No. 16: Madonna della Strada makes most beautiful chapels list
QuinlanSmartWool’s Mark Satkiewicz (MBA ’95) is living proof that businesses can do well and do good at the same time
In the newsChicago’s Very Own: Watch WGN profile of Loyola’s Sister Jean
President’s MedallionRead about Taha Zaffar and the other 2013-14 recipients
AcademicsLoyola is one of just 283 universities to have a Phi Beta Kappa chapter—less than 10 percent of colleges and universities in the country.
ExploreThe new Institute of Environmental Sustainability combines academics and research with sustainable agriculture and community living. And it does it all in one amazing facility.
Damen CenterThe Damen Center was designed from top to bottom with students in mind—making it the center of social life on Loyola’s Lake Shore Campus.