Want to get involved with the International House? Great! Here is how you can get started:
LIVE IN THE INTERNATIONAL HOUSE
Interested in living in the LUC International House? Fill out the International House - Housing Application. Domestic and international students are welcome to apply! Please note that completing an application does not guarantee housing. For more information, email email@example.com or call (773) 508-2491.
BECOME A HOST STUDENT
Host Students are American students that volunteer to be paired with an international student living in the International House in order to help with the transition to the Loyola campus and living in the United States. Host students serve as a resource for questions (where to buy books, how to navigate the CTA, best places to eat near campus, etc.) and act as ambassadors for U.S. culture. Additionally, the Host Student Program provides an opportunity for cross-cultural exchange, in which host students can learn about their international students' home countries. Host students are encouraged to meet with their international partners at least 2 times per month. The International House staff coordinate monthly events for host students and international students such as cooking nights, movie nights, and seasonal activities/outings.
How to get involved:
- International Students: All international students living in Loyola's International House are assigned a host student at the beginning of each semester. No application is necessary.
- Host Students: Interested in volunteering to become a host student? Fill out an application form here! The Host Student Program is open to Loyola undergraduates. As a host student, you commit to:
- Actively participate in the program for at least 1 semester (preferably 1 academic year)
- Meet with your international student at least 2 times per month
- Be accessible via email and/or phone
- Be respectful of your international student's religious, political, and cultural views.
The deadline to apply for the Host Student Program for Spring 2015 is December 15, 2015.
For more information about the Host Student Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 508-2491.