- All students must be enrolled in CISI prior to going abroad.
- Enrolling in CISI will provide you with the insurance letter you need to take to the consulate to get your visa.
- Students participating in an undergraduate study abroad program through the Office for International Programs (OIP) will be enrolled by OIP. The costs will be billed to your LOCUS account.
- If you are travelling outside the country on another program, you may self-enroll.
- To enroll in CISI you will need the following:
- sponsor code: LUC-SE
- credit card
- program departure and return dates
- CISI Portal Instructions
After enrolling you will receive an email directly from CISI with the following:
- Your insurance card
- The CISI brochure
- A letter for the consulate explaining your health care coverage
- Access to the CISI web portal.
All students are required to enroll in CISI prior to going abroad.
Required Travel Documents for Non-Office for International Programs (OIP) Groups
Turn in the following documents BEFORE YOU TRAVEL if you are going on a non-OIP program. For example, if you are going abroad through a ministry immersion trip, Global Brigades, or School of Nursing, ect.
- Original Illegal Drug Affidavit Form (download, print and sign)
- Original Risk and Release Form (download, print and sign)
- Loyola Study Abroad Medical Form (download, print and sign)
- Photocopy of identification (photo) page of passport
- Photocopy of visa, if required for your travel
If you are traveling as part of a group with a Loyola faculty or staff member as trip leader, turn in documentation to your trip leader.
If you are traveling on your own or without a trip leader, please return these documents to us prior to your departure via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.