About Online Learning
Online Learning at Loyola University Chicago offers high-quality, rigorous courses and programs for undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education students that are characterized by the transformative experience of the Jesuit tradition.
Loyola University offered its first online programs in Fall 2002 with a masters degree and certificate program in Bioethics.
Since then, our Online Learning offerings have expanded to include three (3) undergraduate, twenty (20) graduate and seven (7) certificates programs.
Students who enroll in any of our online courses or programs, will find:
- Learner-centered courses and programs that fosters a supportive learning community.
- Online courses taught by outstanding, full-time Loyola faculty who have received training in the creation and delivery of online courses.
- Support for students in the use of online technologies.
- Student services to meet the academic needs of online students.
- An educational experience that emphasizes the Jesuit tradition of a commitment to excellence, service that promotes justice, values-based leadership and global awareness.
If you are a current student hoping to take an online course, a prospective student interested in an online program, or a non-degree-seeking student interested in enrolling in a single Loyola course, Online Learning at Loyola has many possibilities for you to consider.