About Online Learning
Online Learning at Loyola University Chicago offers high-quality, rigorous courses for graduate,undergraduate, professional and continuing education students that are characterized by the transformative experience of the Jesuit tradition.
Loyola offered its first online degree programs in Fall 2002 with masters degree and certificate programs in Bioethics. Since then our Online Learning program has grown considerably and today spans eight Schools, two Institutes and the College of Arts and Sciences, with 18 graduate degree programs, three continuing education programs and six certificate programs being offered.
Students who enroll in any of our online degree or certificate programs, or single-course offerings, will find:
- Classes taught by Loyola’s outstanding, full-time faculty scholars who have received extensive training in the creation and delivery of online courses.
- A highly learner-centered environment that fosters a supportive learning community
- Support for students in the use of new online technologies.
- Student services to meet the academic needs of online students.
- An experience that emphasizes the Jesuit tradition in education including a commitment to excellence, service that promotes justice, values-based leadership and global awareness.
If you are a current student hoping to add a Core course during the Summer session, a prospective student interested in an online graduate program, or a non-degree-seeking student interested in enrolling in a single Loyola course, Online Learning at Loyola has many possibilities for you to consider.