Tips & Information
Writing Placement Assessment
- Test Length: Two (2) Hours
- Test Page Login Attempts Permitted: One (1)
- Number of Responses to Write: One (1)
- Length of Response: 500–1200 words
Your essay will be evaluated on how well you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the article by identifying its central thesis and main supporting points in a summary,
- Develop a thesis that relates directly to the position the author takes in the article,
- Support your thesis in an essay that is logically organized, focused and developed with specific examples and illustrations,
- Connect or contrast your own examples and illustrations to specific ideas and statements from the article, and
- Demonstrate competency in creating sentences relatively free of grammar and punctuation errors.
If you experience difficulty with completing the assessment, please e-mail email@example.com within two (2) hours of entering the testing page.
Copy and paste your response into the e-mail and explain the difficulty you experienced while attempting to submit via Sakai. Do NOT e-mail Sakai directly, as they will be unable to assist you, and will forward your e-mail to the testing address listed above.