Creating Your Research-Scholarly Interests Profile
What is the ORS Faculty Research/Scholarship Interests Database?
The purpose of the ORS Faculty Interests Database is to match you to potential funding opportunities based on keywords you have chosen for subareas under your general research interests. Once you have established a profile, funding notices that contain any of your keywords will be sent to you automatically. Keywords are the same as those used by the Community of Science database.
To create or easily update your profile:
- Log in to the PTAP system at https://grantsera.luc.edu/Secure/Login.aspx, and select the “P.I. Module” tab.
- Click on the “Update Your Profile” button,
- Go to section B – “Scholarly/Research Interest”, and then click on the 'Edit' button. You will be provided with an option to add relevant keywords under up to five areas of your general research interest(s).
- Select your research interest from the drop-down menu and check at least one check box associated with this category. If you would like to add another area of interest, click on “+Add another area of interest”, and follow the same steps. (The option "Select All" is not recommended.)
- When you are finished, click on the “Update” button located on the bottom of the page.