Alcohol Edu for Sanctions
Information for Students
AlcoholEdu for Sanctions is an online course designed specifically to help college students who have violated alcohol policies make safer and healthier choices – and avoid experiencing problems again. AlcoholEdu for Sanctions is intended for students whose behavior has caused negative consequences for themselves, others, or the Loyola community.
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 1.5-2.5 hours to complete and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This part ends after Survey 2 and the Exam. You must earn a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. You will have two weeks (14 days) to complete Part 1.
- About 30 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2. This part is simply a brief follow-up survey and takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. You will have one week (7 days) to complete Part 2.
Please note that the course includes three surveys that offer you feedback on your alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; Loyola will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will NEVER see any individual student's answers.
To take the course, you will need a computer with internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have access to a computer, you can use any publicly available computer with internet access.
To begin AlcoholEdu for Sanctions:
1. Go to: http://sanctions.alcoholedu.com
2. Under New Sanctions User, enter the following Login ID: S146719S
3. Click “Sign Up”
4. On the registration page, you will have the opportunity to create your AlcoholEdu for Sanctions account using your LUC email address and a password of your choice.
At this time, you will also need to enter your 11-digit LID number, which can be found on your Loyola Student ID card. If you do not enter your official LID, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
5. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT LOG OUT until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
6. When you return, log in as a “Returning Sanctions User” and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for Sanctions screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution and the Wellness Center