% of Loyola paralegal graduates working as a paralegal or in another legal capacity:
82% of 2013 graduates
85% of 2012 graduates
82% of 2011 graduates
What is available to Loyola paralegal students and alumni?
- Beginning within their first class and extending through individual placement appointments, students are given the tools to write resumes emphasizing the skills legal employers expect of paralegals. In addition to resume revision, staff is also available to meet individually with students and alumni regarding cover letters, interviewing, and how to conduct a job search.
- The Institute maintains an electronic bank of resumes for distribution to interested employers. Students and alumni can submit their resumes to the office at any time for inclusion in this bank. Institute students and alumni have exclusive access to our password-protected job board. Students may also use RamblerLink, the University-wide job board.
- We offer several mock interviewing events for those students who are interested in practicing their interviewing skills and in receiving a critical assessment of these skills.
- The Paralegal Alumni Network, made up of Institute alumni, hosts several networking events throughout the year available to both students and alumni. The director, faculty and students also participate in various association activities, seeking to encourage the sharing of resources and expertise and to enhance the professionalism of paralegals and legal assistants.
- The Institute for Paralegal Studies frequently offers non-credit workshops for both students and alumni. Recent workshop topics have included: Concordance, CM/ECF, Summation, CaseMap, and TimeMap.