Welcome to Loyola's Undergraduate Philosophy Club
Loyola has a Chapter of Phi Sigma Tau (Alpha of Illinois), An International Honor Society in Philosophy.
- The purpose of the organization shall be:
- to function as a student organization.
- to recognize and honor student achievement in philosophy.
- to promote ties between the Loyola Philosophy students and faculty.
- to promote ties between Loyola Philosophy students and philosophy students at other universities.
- to promote interest in philosophy within the Loyola student body.
- to promote the philosophical discussion and debate within the Loyola student body.
- The motto of the society is:
- Philoúnton Sophían Timé, "The honor of those who love wisdom."
- For more information about Phi Sigma Tau visit http://www.luc.edu/philosophy/phi_sigma_tau.shtml
· Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: http://plato.stanford.edu/
· American Philosophical Association: http://www.apaonline.org/
· Leiter ("Philosophical Gourmet") Report: http://www.philosophicalgourmet.com/
· SPEP (Society for Phenomenology and Existentialism Philosophy): http://www.spep.org/
· Philosophy Now (journal): http://www.philosophynow.org/
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Thomas Carson, email@example.com
Email address for both Phi Sigma Tau and Philosophy Club: LUCPhilosophyClub@gmail.com