Welcome to the LUC-TEC Ethics Portal!
An International Collaboration.
Tec of Monterrey, often called "the MIT of Latin America," has entered into a formal relationship with Loyola University Chicago in order to develop the ethical sensiblities and decision-making skills of the largely technical or scientific faculty who teach the 97,000 student s at Tec's 33 campuses in Mexico. Each year between 15 and 20 scientists and other Tec faculty come to Chicago to pursue an MA in Social Philosophy at Loyola, after which a few remain to work toward their doctorates in moral philosophy. Although Tec is a private university, it supplies most of the funding for these ethics students although some also receive scholarships and grants from the Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología (CONCYT), Mexico's counterpart to the National Science Foundation in the United States. As specified in the Letter of Agreement signed by the provosts of these two institutions, the Loyola-Tec collaboration also includes a series of workshops, videoconferences, and other programs designed to promote Tec's new emphasis on ethics in its curriculum. Click here for a summary of the collaboration or visit any of the links below.
- THE "ETHICS ACROSS THE CURRICULUM" WORKSHOPS
- Chicago (May-June, 2002)
- Monterrey (December, 2002)
- Guadalajara (June 2-12, 2003)
- Juarez (May 3-7, 2004)
- Querétaro (May 23-29, 2004)
- Estado (December 13-15, 2004): Narrative Ethics
- Monterrey (May 25-27, 2005): Narrative Ethics
- THE "ETHICS IN TODAY'S WORLD" VIDEOCONFERENCES
- THE LOYOLA MASTERS DEGREE IN SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY - Video Clip
- THE "MORAL DIMENSIONS OF STRATEGIC PLANNING" PROJECT (A collaborative training workshop and writing project for the staff of the Centro de Estudios Estratégicos)
- THE VISITING ETHICS SCHOLAR PROGRAM
- VISITING LECTURERS
- FACULTY AND STUDENT EXCHANGES
- OTHER PROJECTS TO BE ANNOUNCED