Jeffry V. Mallow, Ph.D.
Office: 308 Cudahy Science Building
- A.B. Columbia University (1964)
- M.S. Northwestern University (1966)
- Ph.D. Northwestern University (1970)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Hebrew University , Jerusalem (1970-71)
- Research Associate, Northwestern University (1971-74)
- Assistant Professor, Oakland University , Rochester MI (1974-76)
- Visiting Professor, Roskilde University, Denmark (1991, 1999)
Work at Loyola
- Joined Loyola in 1976
- Dean of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (1985-92)
- Chairperson of Physics (1994-2003)
Dr. Mallow's research interests include theoretical atomic physics, supersymmetric quantum mechanics, physics pedagogy, and gender and science. He is author of the book "Science Anxiety" (H&H Publ.), and co-author of a 2002 online compilation, Gender Issues in Physics/Science Education (GIPSE) - Some Annotated References, recently updated to updated to the 2008: Hake, R.R. & J.V. Mallow. 2008. "Gender Issues in Science/Math Education (GISME): Over 700 Annotated References & 1000 URL's:
*Part 1 - All References in Alphabetical Order <http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake/GISME-5t-Part1.pdf> (8.5 MB);
*Part 2 - Some References in Subject Order <http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake/GISME-5t-Part2.pdf> (4.8 MB)."