Specialty Area: Polish and Irish Literature; Polish American Literature
Office #: 773-508-2991
B.A. University of Iowa, 1990; M.A. The Ohio State University, 1994; M.A. University of Illinois-Chicago, 1997; Ph.D. University of Chicago, 2006
Polish and Irish Literature; Polish American Literature
LITR 283/284 - Major Authors in Translation
- Polish Literature from the Medieval to the Romantic Period
- Writing the Polish Voice
LITR 200 - European Masterpieces (Variable topics)
- Polish Identity in Literature, 1863-1945
- Interwar Poland
- Polish Literature of World War Two
- Postwar Polish Literature
- Polish Short Stories
- Polish Fantasy
- Polish-Irish Literature
LITR 200 - European Masterpieces
- Polish Literature in Film
- Organized student reading of Dziady, by Adam Mickiewicz, October 2013.
- Faculty reviewer and judge for the Undergraduate Student FORUM, a competition of papers on Central and Eastern Europe.
- Organized and presented Polish and Mexican poetry reading, 2014
- Directed students in dramatic reading of Dziady Part II, fall semester 2013, 2014
Service Outside Loyola
- Public lecture - "Polish American Poetry: Reading Between the Lines," April 2013, Crown Center.
- Public lecture - "The Literature of the Polish American Experience," September 2013, Chopin Theatre.