- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum 3.00 Cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale), but qualified candidates generally possess stronger academic records.
- One official transcript from each college and/or university attended. Completion of degree(s) must be verified on the transcript. If you have any transfer credits on your transcript(s), you must furnish transcripts of those prior credits in your application.
- Your application must include a "Statement of Intent" in which you address the following:
- (a) What is pulling or pushing you toward the health professions?
- (b) What do you hope or expect to gain by matriculating in our program?
- Please limit the statement to one single-spaced page. This statement does not excuse the applicant from also submitting a letter--required below--about past dismissal, suspension, etc.
- If you have previously attended Loyola University Chicago or any other college or university, you must have been in good academic standing at all institutions attended during the past academic year. Those not in good academic standing during the past academic year are not eligible for admission until one full academic year has elapsed.
- If you have ever been dismissed, suspended, separated, or placed on probation from any college or university attended for non-academic reasons (i.e. disciplinary, behavioral or criminal), then you must submit a signed letter of explanation to the Dean of Students (no e-mails or faxes) via Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management at the address below. Your application for admission will be reviewed only after being cleared to proceed by the Dean of Students. A hearing before the Student Conduct Board may be required.
Admissions Process & Instructions
Please note that the following dates are contingent upon the number of spots available for each academic year. Because admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Program occurs on a rolling basis, admissions may close prior to the posted dates due to the size of an incoming class. We encourage you to apply early. Please note that approval of the Program Director is necessary before an admission decision is rendered.
|Desired Entry Term||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Fall||March 1||July 1|
|Spring||October 1||November 1|
|Summer||January 15||April 1|
- Application for the desired entry term by the Priority Deadline offers the applicant the broadest range of course enrollment options. Those who wait for Final Deadlines, as well as those enrolling in the Spring term, face limited course availability.
- If the above Deadline date falls on a weekend, the application must be received by the next Monday of business.
- Applications will of course be accepted in advance of applicable deadline dates.
Complete the entire Online Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Application. Missing or incomplete information will stop the processing of the application. Applications will not be reviewed until all transcripts (including transfer credits) are received. Transcripts must verify conferment of degree. Attach the non-refundable $25 application fee. Make checks/money orders payable to "Loyola University Chicago." Please note that if you have previously paid an an application fee to any school or division of Loyola, except the Summer Sessions, the application fee is waived.
Sign and enclose your completed application with the fee and mail to:
Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
Lewis Towers 800
820 N. Michigan Ave.
Chicago IL 60611
For questions regarding your application status, call 312-915-8900 or e-mail GradApp@luc.edu