Search Firm Hired, Web, Open Forums
Dear Members of the Loyola Community,
In recent weeks, members of the Presidential Search Committee met with several national search firms to discuss the recruitment of Loyola University Chicago’s next leader. I am writing today to announce that the committee has selected Isaacson, Miller. This well-established executive search firm out of Boston has the nation’s largest and most comprehensive higher education practice, with higher education searches accounting for more than half of the firm’s work.
The lead Isaacson, Miller consultant working with the University on this important search is Vivian Brocard, a vice president with the firm. Brocard joined Isaacson, Miller in 2003 and offers 25 years of executive search experience. Her practice focuses on higher education, healthcare, and research, with an emphasis on engineering, science, and technology. Her clients include universities, colleges, academic medical centers, research institutes, advocacy groups, and related organizations.
With the firm in place to assist the search committee, our next step is to develop the presidential leadership profile, which will include a list of key criteria and qualifications needed in the next Loyola leader. This step requires the involvement of the entire University community, and we are looking to you to provide input as we create the profile, and to help us identify qualified candidates. We will accomplish this in two ways:
- Presidential Search Website—Today we are launching this site to house all of the search process communication to date, a list of the committee members, background on Isaacson, Miller, and a submission form to capture your leadership profile feedback and candidate nominations. We will continue to update the site as the process moves forward.
- Open Forums—In addition to meetings scheduled with many constituency groups, we have scheduled five opportunities for the general University community to meet with members of the search committee to share thoughts on the process and the leadership profile. Each campus will host events, with members of the search committee in attendance. Please see the scheduled forum dates below.
- Tuesday, December 1, 1:30 p.m., Lake Shore Campus, Damen Student Center, Second Floor, Sister Jean Multipurpose Room - South
- Wednesday, December 2, 9:30 a.m., Water Tower Campus, Corboy Law Center, Room 206
- Thursday, December 3, 3 p.m., Water Tower Campus, Corboy Law Center, Room 206
- Friday, December 4, 10 a.m., Health Sciences Campus, Cuneo Center, Room 170
- Friday, December 4, 1:30 p.m., Lake Shore Campus, Klarchek Information Commons, Fourth Floor
I hope that you will spend some time familiarizing yourself with the information on the presidential search site and that you will attend one of the upcoming forums. Your feedback is critical, and we thank you for your collective support as we advance the search process.
Bob Parkinson (BBA ’73, MBA ’75)
Chairman, Board of Trustees
Chair, Presidential Search Committee