Join us for an event series featuring industry-leading speakers discussing today’s top business issues, all through the lens of responsible leadership.
To receive email updates about the Signature Series, email us.
Impact of Economic Inequality
Save the date for a discussion of economic inequality and how business can be part of the solution. To receive email updates, email us.
Past events, 2015-16
The Business of Social Justice
April 21, 2016
Nearly 130 business professionals, alumni, faculty, staff, and students attended a luncheon exploring Pope Francis's critique of modern capitalism from the perspective of business. The luncheon featured leading French economist Gaël Giraud, S.J., Msgr. Michael Boland of Catholic Charities, and Loyola theology professor Michael Schuck. See story and photos.
The Workplace: A Case for Kindness
March 11, 2016
Nearly 125 students, alumni, and human resource professionals attended a presentation by Chicago Tribune columnist Rex Huppke on the case for kindness in professional settings. See story and photos.
Business Schools and Public Service
November 12, 2015
Eight current and former deans at universities including Yale, the University of Chicago, Northwestern, and UIC, as well as government leaders, converged at Quinlan to discuss whether business schools should prepare students for public and government careers in addition to private sector careers. See story and photos.
Supply Chain and Sustainability Summit
October 20, 2015
Nearly 400 supply chain management experts and peers attended the summit to explore how to build sustainable and socially responsible supply chains in times of complexity and uncertainty. See story and photos.
Keynote and featured speakers included:
- U.S. Congressman Bill Shuster
- Scott Spata, Vice President of Direct Fulfillment, Home Depot
- Francesca DeBiase, Chief Supply Chain and Sustainability Officer, McDonald’s Corporation
- Dana Stiffler, Research Vice President, Gartner
- Matt Waters, Regional Human Resource Director for the Great Lakes Region, Sam's Club
- Barbara Spain, Senior Vice President and National Logistics Manager, AON
- Joseph C. Szabo, Executive Director, Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
September 15, 2015
Nearly 100 corporate leaders discussed the impact of corporate social responsibility on business, government, and education, and the benefits to balancing shareholder and stakeholder interests. See story and photos.
The CEO Summit panelists were:
- General Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret.)
- Shaun Budnik, Partner, KPMG, LLP
- Robert L. Parkinson, Jr., Chairman and CEO, Baxter International
- Paul La Schiazza, President, AT&T Illinois
- Edward Wehmer, President and CEO, Wintrust
Pamela McCoy, associate dean of executive degree programs at Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business, moderated the panel. Kevin T. Stevens, Quinlan’s dean, offered welcoming remarks.