The Importance of Involvement
College is more than just attending class; it’s going out there and enjoying that full college experience. Loyola University knows that another way for you to enjoy your time here is to get involved. Getting involved helps you experience things you wouldn’t be able to learn in class. It’s a one-on-one, personalized education where you don’t always realize you are learning. So, live up to your full potential and get involved!
How YOU Benefit from Being Involved:
- Sense of belonging to something greater.
- Feeling of achievement.
- Working in small groups tailored to your interests.
- Self-growth and development.
- Leadership skills development.
- Expanding your group of friends.
- Learning to balance your academic and social life.
- Valuable career, academic, and social networks.
- Enjoying the activity.
- Being recognized for your hard work.
- Learning transferable skills that an employer will find desirable.
The UNIVERSITY benefits from your involvement by having:
- Informed, active and educated students.
- Students who are involved and committed to different causes.
- A group of students available as resources to solicit feedback or solutions.
- Students connected to other students, faculty and staff and campus resources.
And the COMMUNITY benefits by having:
- An educated and engaged student body.
- College graduates with outstanding leadership qualities and skills.
- Future community leaders who have integrity, credibility, well-developed communication, problem-solving and leadership skills.