Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Certificate
Gain the skills necessary to develop and analyze large-scale data warehouses with an emphasis on marketing applications through our Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing graduate certificate program.
About the Certificate Program
Structured to enhance professional development for information technology professionals, this certificate provides a foundation for understanding how to apply business intelligence techniques to extract information that reveals trends and market behavior. An emphasis is placed on the management and competitive-advantage analysis of data.
The program also includes:
- Hands-on experience in the design and management of data warehouses using Oracle data warehousing software
- Topics such as data modeling, mining and management; decision support systems, OLAP (online analytical processing), and business intelligence
- The study of successful data warehouse installations
The data warehousing certificate is offered at Loyola's Water Tower Campus, off North Michigan Avenue.
A five-course program of study is designed to meet the individual needs of the student, and business experience will be used to waive traditional prerequisites.
Required Courses (2)
- INFS 492: Database Systems (or approved substitute)
- INFS 796: Data Warehousing
Elective Courses (3)
- ACCT 424: Managerial Accounting
- INFS 493: Strategic Uses of IT
- ISOM 484: Project Management
- INFS 494: Data Mining
- MARK 461: Research Methods in Marketing
- MARK 468: Internet Marketing
- MARK 562: Database Marketing Strategy
- MARK 567: Customer Relationship Management
- MARK 569: Special Topics—"Marketing Models and Customer Analytics"