Health Care Management Certificate Program
|"[This program] was an excellent educational experience. A wealth of business material was implemented in a concise and clear manner in a matter of one week. Highly recommended!"
~ Past Participant, April 2010
This program is currently only being offered in a customized, company-specific format for groups of managers from the same organization. If you are interested in this program for yourself or your organization, please fill out our information request form.
Class Times: TBD
For course consultation, please contact us at: 312.915.6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The growing complexity in the health care industry requires that those who want to succeed in this field have the skills to manage the business of health care. The rate of growth and change in the industry is staggering. The health care industry includes ten of the 20 fastest growing occupations, and will generate 3.2 million new jobs by 2018. Health care reform, shifting demographic trends, and technological advances mean increased financial and operational pressures are being placed on health care organizations.
How can clinicians and administrators currently working in health care expand their understanding of the critical “business side” of the industry? How can those considering a transition into health care gain industry-specific knowledge and skills?
Loyola's Health Care Management Certificate was designed with these needs in mind. The program draws upon years of experience in health care and business education. Taught by industry experts and leading academics, this comprehensive program provides participants with a solid understanding of the U.S. health care system and the fundamental business skills necessary for effective management in the industry. Participants explore how the health care industry operates - from a regulatory and business perspective - and leave the program with an improved understanding of the key strategic, financial and operational levers that drive the business of health care.
During this program, participants will:
- Understand the current challenges and trends in health care, and the key regulatory systems governing the industry
- Learn how to assess strategic opportunities and develop and implement strategy
- Learn how to read financial statements and understand key financial and accounting metrics specific to the industry
- Understand the driving forces behind how health care organizations make, spend, invest and borrow money - including capital strategies - and their impact on patients and providers
- Gain best practices for improving your leadership process and conflict-management skills
- Examine how to manage your career in the health care industry
This program is designed for individuals who want to improve their understanding of the business side of health care. Clinicians and administrators working in health care, who are looking to advance their careers or move from a patient-care function to a management role, will benefit from this program. Individuals who want to gain a deeper understanding of the industry or who are considering transitioning into health care will also benefit greatly.
- Health Care Policy and Regulation
- U.S. Health Care: Challenges and Opportunities
- Corporate Strategy in the Health Care Industry
- Managing Your Career in Health Care
- Conflict Management
- Health Care Accounting
- Health Care Finance
- Balanced Scorecard
- Managing Your Leadership Process
This program is led by health care executives, industry experts and leading academics.
The Loyola University Chicago Health Care Management Certificate is awarded to participants who fulfill the program's attendance requirements.