Digital Marketing Strategy
"Of all the executive digital marketing programs I evaluated, this was one of the best valued. The speakers were incredibly sincere, approachable, and brought a lot of real-world, applicable examples, tools, and resources."
— Interactive Marketing Manager, Pella Corporation, October 2014
- October 12–16, 2015 ($3,475)
- April 4–8, 2016 ($3,475)
Class Times: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. All sessions are held on five consecutive days.
Program Fee: The fee listed above includes tuition, all program materials (course packet, readings), coffee breaks, and snacks.
Location: Loyola's Water Tower Campus, 16 E. Pearson, Chicago, Illinois 60611, conveniently located just off of Michigan Avenue. This program can also be conducted on-site and designed around the needs of a group of managers from your organization.
The digital revolution may have started more than 15 years ago, but it’s the ongoing digital evolution that keeps marketers on their toes. Each day this evolution shifts the way we connect with each other and the world around us. The digital space permeates both our personal and professional lives; everything from how we interact with our colleagues to how we purchase products and services. Today, 92 percent of U.S. companies use social media for marketing and 87 percent say it has benefited their business in the last year.1
The speed of change brings questions, and you may be wondering how to integrate the many forms of digital marketing—mobile, SEO, social media, content marketing— into your organization’s marketing mix. Gaining a comprehensive grounding in digital marketing strategies and a holistic understanding of how your target audience uses technology is a key foundation for solid marketing success.
This program will provide you with a thorough foundation in the rapidly changing world of digital marketing and prepare you to strategically choose, measure, and implement the right digital marketing components into your overall marketing plan.
1 (Pick, T. (2013). 102 Compelling Social Media and Online Marketing Stats and Facts for 2012/13).
- Navigate the changing marketing landscape and how you can capitalize on it for your company or organization
- Listen to digital engagements and mine your data to develop a more strategic approach to your market
- Integrate both digital and traditional marketing elements into an effective strategic marketing plan
- Delve into best-in-class case studies of successful digital marketing strategies
- Learn about the new economics of digital marketing
- Follow key performance indicators that substantiate your use of digital media
- Develop a digital component to your current marketing plan in a challenging workshop with your peers
Who should attend
The program is designed for mid-career marketing and communications professionals who wish to gain a greater understanding of digital marketing, social media, and the latest trends in marketing management. The program is also useful for experienced managers responsible for developing and implementing marketing programs for their organizations who wish to expand their knowledge of best practices in these areas. Individuals who aspire to marketing and communications roles or who are looking for an opportunity to enhance their skills are also encouraged to attend.
- Formulating effective strategy: This introductory session will set the stage for the weeklong course and provide a grounding in the what, why, and when of digital marketing strategy.
- Developing customer personas: Defining your customer is essential to all digital marketing strategy. Learn methodology and examples for how to effectively craft your company’s personas.
- Engaged Communities: Every brand needs a connected ecosystem. In this session, you'll look at customer motivations for joining a community, and discuss how your organization can create and nurture your own community.
- Social Listening: Listening is the foundation of content marketing and social media. Learn how top corporations use listening in their own efforts, and build a toolkit for your own listening strategy.
- Influence Marketing: Leveraging digital influencers will boost your brand and grow your business. Learn the ins and outs of this growing digital practice, then practice your skills in a fast-paced simulation.
- Email marketing and site design: Visuals are critical. In this session you’ll learn the tips and tricks you’ll need to enhance your brand’s identity online and improve your email marketing.
- Social media and social platforms: Your company might already be employing one or more social platforms, but do you know which platforms are the most important for your customer demographic? And how to optimize their use? This session will give you techniques to help enhance your social media presence as soon as you get back to the office.
- Search engine optimization: All the content in the world won’t help your brand if search engines are not finding it. This jam-packed session lays the foundation for great search engine optimization and provides a roadmap to content creation.
- Content marketing: Once you’re grounded in SEO, use that knowledge to help guide your content marketing and creation efforts. Learn about inbound marketing and how content marketing can be applied to both B2C and B2B organizations.
- Content creation: Participate in a hands-on content marketing exercise, developing themes and topics for your own organization’s content marketing efforts.
- Google Analytics: Learn how to measure all of your digital marketing efforts using Google Analytics in this deep dive session.
- ROI and measurement: Employing your honed Google Analytics skills, set goals to measure social media efforts and review the strategies for your overall digital portfolio.
- A–Z recap: At this point in the program many new concepts have been covered. Faculty will provide a brief recap so that you’re ready to apply each tool in the Digital Strategy Workshop.
- Workshop kickoff: Team up with your classmates to begin work on an intensive final project, utilizing all of the topics covered in class. Using your own organizations as “clients” for the projects, participants will gain real-world knowledge of all covered digital marketing principles.
This intensive final project brings together all of the knowledge gained throughout this course. You will be assigned to a team to develop real-world digital strategies. Loyola faculty will be on hand to guide project work and answer questions as your team creates their digital marketing plan. Then it’s on to the final moment, putting all you’ve learned into place. Bragging rights are on the line when you present your plan to your peers, faculty, and special guests!
Our programs are taught by leading faculty from Loyola's Quinlan School of Business, home of the nationally-ranked part-time MBA program as reported by BusinessWeek and U.S. News and World Report. Quinlan Executive Education faculty are in great demand as consultants to corporations, non-profits, and government agencies throughout the region and around the world. The faculty are skilled in making business concepts and skills readily understandable and immediately useful to you. To do this, they engage you in dialogue about your experiences and how what you are learning can be applied on the job. This makes the program personally relevant and focused on real-world results. For more information, visit the Quinlan School of Business Faculty & Staff page.
Digital Marketing Strategy Certificate
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Digital Marketing Strategy from the Quinlan School of Business.
Ready to learn more? For course consultation, please contact us at: 312.915.6761 or email@example.com.