Quinlan Business Edge Certificate Program
Stand out from the crowd with a certificate from
March 24- June 16 ($1,800)
September 15- December 1 ($1,800)
Participants attend class online each week, across 13 weeks.
Program Fee: The fee listed above includes tuition, all program materials, assessments, and a one-on-one interview preparation session with an experienced coach.
Location: sessions delivered online via Adobe Connect and supported using Loyola's learning management portal, Sakai.
- Key Benefits
- Who Should Attend
- Program Content
- Strategy Alignment Map
- The Quinlan Business Edge Certificate
- Register Now
For course consultation, please contact us at: 312.915.6761 or email@example.com.
You graduated and now you’re in the workforce or exploring new opportunities. You’re learning as you go and juggling competing requests for your time and effort, and realizing that the Real World moves quicker than you thought.
You find yourself asking:
- How can I stand out from my co-workers?
- How can I position myself to upper management as an employee worthy of investment?
- How can I best supplement the theories I learned in school with tactical business skills to help me at work?
- How can I write more professional emails and client correspondences?
- How do I read my company's balance sheets? How do I work with their software?
- How can I express my thoughts more clearly, advocate for myself more effectively, and present myself with more confidence and ease?
If these questions sound familiar, the Quinlan Business Edge is designed for you.
Delivered in an accessible online format and taught by experienced industry practitioners, the Quinlan Business Edge pairs critical management curriculum with personal and organizational development skills to guide you on the path to defining your personal brand. Add knowledge gained from your first few years in the workforce to this broad-based management development program to differentiate yourself from the crowd.
During this program, young professionals will:
- Learn core management skills and gain a better understanding of personal and organizational development techniques
- Develop the skills needed to think strategically and cross-functionally
- Gain experience in problem-solving, collaboration and negotiation
- Enhance leadership skills and improve business communication savvy
- Hone interview skills and meet one-on-one with an expert coach to prepare for upcoming interviews
- Explore the integration of functions with a strategic alignment mapping process
- Grow personal and professional networks
Who Should Attend
The Quinlan Business Edge is a program built for young professionals looking to expand their career potential. Designed to layer business acumen, leadership abilities and communication skills into a fast-paced online learning environment, this program is for you.
This program is ideal for emerging leaders with up to seven years of work experience. This program can provide particular value to individuals with a liberal arts background and for those who majored in a discipline other than business. The program provides high-achievers with the skills hiring managers want and the work habits successful organizations need.
Introduction to Managerial Accounting and Business Ethics
Principles of Finance: Sourcing and Managing Funds and Corporate Social Responsibility
Better Business Communications
Enhancing Your Leadership Skills
Organizational Behavior and Working with Teams
Competition, Conflict, and Collaboration: Problem Solving & Decision Making
Time & Project Management: Meeting Deadlines
Using Technology Effectively
Management Etiquette: Fundamentals for Success
Tying it all together: the Transition to the Next Level
-Honing Your Personal Brand
-One-on-one career coaching (scheduled individually)
The Quinlan Business Edge is taught by leading faculty from Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business, home of the nationally ranked part-time MBA program, as reported by BusinessWeek and U.S. News and World Report. Loyola Executive Education faculty are in great demand as consultants to corporations, non-profits, and government agencies throughout the region and around the world. The faculty are skilled in making business concepts and skills readily understandable and immediately useful to you. To do this, they engage you in dialogue about your experiences and how what you are learning can be applied on the job. This makes the program personally relevant and focused on real-world results.
Aligning goals and objectives enables participants to focus their energy during the class on plans that support future personal and professional development. Quinlan Executive Education has developed a process to apply this principle to improve the educational experience of individuals participating in the Quinlan Business Edge by:
- Producing a document for participants that summarizes their purposes for attending the program
- Identifying specific learning outcomes and how those outcomes align with their overall purpose for attending
- Identifying action steps or a plan for implementing the learning
- Providing a feedback mechanism to faculty regarding specific participant needs beyond the theoretical subject matter alone
Awarded to participants who fulfill the program’s requirements (attendance, participation, assignments).