High-Impact Leadership: Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
"Well worth the time, well-presented information, and a lot of take-aways."
All sessions are held on three consecutive days.
May 6-8 $3,500
October 20-22 $3,500
Class Times: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Program Fee: The fee listed above includes tuition, all program materials (course packet, readings), assessments, a one-on-one coaching session, coffee breaks and snacks.
Location: Loyola's Water Tower Campus
1 E. Pearson, Chicago, Illinois 60611, conveniently located just off of Michigan Avenue
This program can also be conducted on-site and designed around the needs of a group of managers from your organization.
- Key Benefits
- Who Should Attend
- Program Content
- Leadership Action Plan
- The High-Impact Leadership Certificate
- Register Now
For course consultation, please contact us at: 312.915.6761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take your leadership potential to the next level. Great leaders are not born – they are made. But how? We believe that highly effective leadership skills are learned through a process of self-reflection, training, experience, and a willingness to challenge oneself and challenge conventional ways of problem solving.
High-Impact Leadership: Maximizing Your Leadership Potential combines the best practices and principles behind the art and science of leadership, decision-making, problem solving and organizational effectiveness.
The program focuses on three key areas:
Understanding oneself: Through a rigorous 360-degree evaluation process you will gain a full understanding of your strengths, weaknesses and potential career "derailers." An additional suite of leadership and conflict-management style assessments will provide further insight into the role these styles play in leadership effectiveness. After the program you will receive a one-on-one coaching session with a skilled executive coach who will help you make use of the rich data provided in the assessment process.
The Mindset of a Leader: Through stimulating exercises and engaging discussions that explore the discipline of leadership, you will learn the best practices for improving individual and organizational decision making, how influence and power is leveraged in organizations, and powerful tools for coaching for performance improvement. Learn how to lead in today's multi-generational workplaces and improve your behavioral interviewing skills to build strong and successful teams.
Leading Others: Building upon the perspectives gained earlier in the program, we take a deep dive into a number of diverse leadership models. By understanding these different models, you will walk away with a tool-kit of approaches for managing others using the model best suited for each situation. Through exercises and discussion you will also gain the strategies to build successful teams, manage conflict more effectively and link individual performance to organizational strategy.
During this program, you will:
- Develop a better sense of your individual leadership style and your role as a leader
- Increase your range of effective leadership approaches and how to apply different techniques depending on the situation at hand
- Understand the true drivers of influence and power in organizations and how to unmask counterfeit influence.
- Learn how to build a successful team and how to link individual and team goals to company strategy
- Learn how to manage conflict more effectively through simulations and group activities
- Improve your delegation skills and build team confidence and trust when you are in, and out, of the office
- Explore why behavioral interviewing is more than a "gut feeling"
- Complete a series of assessments that will provide insight into your leadership and conflict management styles and receive a detailed 360-degree assessment of your abilities
- Meet one-on-one with a skilled executive coach who will help you interpret your assessment results and provide insight into your strengths and potential career “derailers”
- Grow your personal and professional network
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for emerging leaders who may be new to a leadership role or need to expand their range of effective leadership approaches. The program is also useful for experienced managers who have not yet been exposed to the best practices in leadership, management, motivation and the psychology of decision making. Individuals who aspire to leadership roles or who are looking for an opportunity for detailed assessments and coaching are also encouraged to attend.
- Pre-program assessments
- Day 1- Understanding Self, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Day 2- Conflict Management, Coaching, and Building Effective Teams
- Day 3- Leading Others and Key Take-Aways
- Post-Program Coaching
High-Impact Leadership is taught by leading faculty from Loyola’s Quinlan School of Business, home of the nationally ranked top 25 part-time MBA program, as reported by BusinessWeek and U.S. News and World Report. Loyola Executive Education faculty are in great demand as consultants to corporations, non-profits, and government agencies throughout the region and around the world. The faculty are skilled in making business concepts and skills readily understandable and immediately useful to you. To do this, they engage you in dialogue about your experiences and how what you are learning can be applied on the job. This makes the program personally relevant and focused on real-world results.
Leadership Action Plan
At the conclusion of the program, all participants will complete a Leadership Action Plan. This highly individualized plan will serve as a road map to help participants continue on the path of high-impact leadership after the program ends.
High-Impact Leadership Certificate
Awarded to participants who fulfill the program’s attendance requirements.