High-Impact Leadership: Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
Participants will complete a detailed 360-degree evaluation process. This involves asking supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients for feedback on your skills through an anonymous online evaluation system. Participants will decide who is invited to participate in the evaluation process. Those who are in transition can still participate in the process by selecting former colleagues and/or clients. Further details on this process and how it works will be provided upon confirmation of participation in the program.
Day 1 Content
- Emotional Intelligence and its impact on leadership
- What is Primal Leadership?
- The difference between leading and managing, and when each is needed
- Group debrief of 360-degree assessments – what can be gained from the results?
- How leadership and management style preferences impact behavior and team effectiveness
Building Effective Teams
- How to build optimal teams: structure and composition
- Creating and sustaining team morale
- Ensuring ownership of tasks
- Understanding how the nature of inter-dependability impacts team performance
- How to accept and understand conflict in a healthy way
- Assessing your preferred method for managing conflict – from avoidance to head-on collision
- Understanding the different models of effective conflict resolution
Day 2 Content
Effective Decision Making
- Why ordinary reasoning is prone to error, and how to improve it
- Understanding how and why people make decisions
- Avoiding biases in decision-making
Harnessing Influence and Power
- Comprehending persuasion
- How information drives legitimate influence and power
- Unmasking counterfeit sources of power
- Embodying confidence
In groups, participants will be asked to make a critical managerial decision using only the information at hand. Group members will sort through the data provided and must reach a consensus on the decision. Time pressure and limited information will challenge participants’ decision-making ability under pressure. A comprehensive debrief of the simulation will explore the various decisions, the ways in which they were reached and examine the consequences.
Day 3 Content
- Key models of leadership – how and when to use them
- How supervisor-subordinate relationships affect morale, trust and performance
- How managers can help team members link individual goals with corporate strategy
Motivating and Evaluating Your Team
- Building high-performance teams
- Removing obstacles to employee satisfaction
- Using the evidence at hand to solve ethical problems
Conclusion and key take-aways: creating your own leadership action plan
After the program, each participant will receive a one hour, one-on-one coaching session with a skilled executive coach. The coach will help you interpret the results from the assessments completed before the program, and will provide an opportunity to discuss strategies for improvement, particular workplace situations, or leadership development challenges you may face.