Title/s: Associate Professor
Office #: Maguire 530
JD, University of Chicago Law School, 1961
MBA, Accounting, University of Chicago Quinlan School of Business, 1955
Accounting and auditing malpractice
Securities fraud and computer fraud
Accounting principles for small business
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Institute of CPA's
- Illinois Society of CPA's
- Institute of Management Accounting
- American Association of Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Illinois
- Director of Loyola CPA Review 1992 to 1998
- Formerly Vice-Chairman of AICPA Accounting Standards Executive Committee
- Formerly Chairman of AICPA Committee on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Small Business
- Formerly member of Financial Accounting Standards Board Advisory Council
- Formerly member of Institute of Management Accounting Committee on Management Accounting Practices
- Member of Illinois Society of CPA's Accounting Standards Committee
Advanced Accounting for Business Combinations and Consolidations
Advanced Auditing, including Ethics and Auditors' Reports
Accounting for Business Decisions (Quinlan graduate programs)
International Accounting (Quinlan graduate programs)
Werner, C.A. “IFRS For Privately Owned Businesses.” The CPA Journal. (August, 2012), 6-9.
Werner, C.A. “Accountant Confidentiality--The Duty to Remain Silent vs The Duty to Speak.” The CPA Journal. (2009).
Zeller, T., B.B. Stanko, C.A. Werner. "Sexual Harassment in the Public Accounting Profession: Ten Years Later." Journal of Accounting, Ethics & Public Policy. 10.2 (2009).
Werner, C.A. "Accountant Confidentiality--The Duty to Remain Silent vs. The Duty to Speak." The CPA Journal (2009).
Werner, C.A. "New FASB Standards on Consolidation and Business Combinations." Illinois Society of CPA's Practice Advantage. (2008).
Werner, C.A. Bank Guide for Grant Thornton. (1976).
Werner, C.A. Savings and Loan Guide for Grant Thornton. (1975).
Werner, C.A. SEC Guide for Grant Thornton. (1973).
Werner, C.A. Accounting Manual for Grant Thornton. (1970).
Werner, C.A. Auditing Manual for Grant Thornton. (1970).
Presentation of Refereed Papers
Werner, C.A. "Fraud Opportunities in the New Business Combination Rules." Illinois CPA Society Fraud Conference. Chicago, Illinois. 2007.