- What is the deadline for submissions?
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, May 23, 2014. Applications must be completed and submitted with entry materials by Friday, June 20, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. CDT. Applications submitted in 2011, 2012 and 2013 remain active for 2014. If you have submitted a previous Application, you should have received an email from us recommending that you at least update the financial information. Additional changes are welcome as well..
- I applied in 2013 but did not win. Can I reapply?
Applications from 2011, 2012 and 2013 remain active for 2013. You can use the same application, or submit updated information.
- How much does it cost to submit an Nomination?
There is no charge to submit an Nomination.
- What category does my family business fall under?
Awards are given out in four major categories: Large (more than 250 employees), Medium (50-250 employees), Small (less than 50 employees) and Community Service (business showing exemplary community service efforts). A Century Award is presented honoring the success and longevity of a family business. In addition, the Dean's Award will recognize a business that has excelled in social enterprise, supply chain management or emerging markets.
- How do I fill out the Application?
- I'd like to submit my family business for the Community Service, Century Award or Dean Award. How do I do so?
The Community Service, Century and Dean's Awards are special designations given out by the Loyola Family Business Center. Submissions for these two categories are not allowed, but the Community Service Award is largely based on Application question #6.The Dean's Award is largely based on Application question #10.
- How does the selection process work?
Judging is based on business growth and success, positive family-business linkage, multiple generation family business involvement, contributions to the community and industry, and innovative business practices and strategies.
- When will we find out about the winners of the awards?
The winners and finalists are announced in August.