Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Certificate
- Application Process
- Request Information
- Graduate Application for Certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing provides managers with the necessary skills to develop and analyze large-scale data warehouses with an emphasis on marketing applications.
Structured to enhance professional development for information technology professionals, this certificate provides a foundation for understanding how to apply business intelligence techniques to extract information that reveals trends and market behavior. An emphasis is placed on the management and competitive-advantage analysis of data.
The program also includes:
- Hands-on experience in the design and management of data warehouses using Oracle data warehousing software
- Topics such as: data modeling, mining and management; decision support systems, OLAP (online analytical processing), and business intelligence
- The study of successful data warehouse installations
The data warehousing certificate is offered at Loyola's Water Tower Campus, off North Michigan Avenue.
A five-course program of study is designed to meet the individual needs of the student, and business experience will be used to waive traditional prerequisites.
- INFS 492 Database Systems (or approved substitute)
- INFS 796 Data Warehousing
Choose three of the following:
- ACCT 424 Managerial Accounting
- INFS 493 Strategic Uses of IT
- ISOM 484 Project Management
- INFS 494 Data Mining
- MARK 461 Research Methods in Marketing
- MARK 468 Internet Marketing
- MARK 562 Database Marketing Strategy
- MARK 567 Customer Relationship Management