The Center for Risk Management sponsors many educational, academic, and practitioner events that address a variety of topics relating to risk management. The center also promotes many events from distinguished Loyola professors and associates that may occur in or around the community.
Questions or comments? Email us at email@example.com.
Friday, December 6, 2013
2:00-5:30pm, Reception to Follow
Beane Hall, 111 E. Pearson, Loyola University Chicago
- Charles Evans, President, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- William Roberds, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- David Wheelock, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Alex Pollock, American Enterprise Institute
- Diane Swonk, Mesirow Financial
- George Kaufman, Loyola University Chicago
Sponsored by the Center for Financial and Policy Studies and the Center for Risk Management
- April 23, 2013: "Overdraft: Deficit Documentary Screening" organized by the Center for Risk Management and the Travelers' Institute
- April 11, 2013: "The Global Financial Crisis: Values, Behavioral Finance, Social Justice and a Robust Society" organized by the Center for Risk Management and Santa Clara University's Leavey School of Business
- April 8, 2013: "Lawless Devils: Corruption, Politics, and Law" organized by the Center for Business and Corporate Governance Law and the Institute for Investor Protection
- October 5, 2012: "Behavioral Economics and Investor Protection" organized by the Loyola University School of Law, featuring Nobel Prize Winner Daniel Kahneman
- April 8, 2011: "New Perspectives of Asset Price Bubbles: Theory, Evidence and Policy" organized by the Center for Risk Management
- October 13, 2011: "Supply Chain Risk in a Global Marketplace"
- October 1-2, 2009: "Risk Management and Corporate Governance" - Review papers here.
- September 26, 2013: "Bitcoins: Virtual Money for Virtual People"
- January 30, 2013: "The Future of Chicago as a Financial Derivatives Center" organized by the Center for Risk Management and the Center for Finacial and Policy Studies. Review speaker presentations here.
- December 3, 2012: "Economic Outlook for 2013: Beyond the Fiscal Cliff. Review speaker presentations here.
- December 3, 2008: "The Ongoing Financial Crisis: The Federal Reserve's Response"
- October 30, 2008: "Turbulent Markets: Clearing, Settlement, and Counterparty Risk"
- April 1, 2008: "The Credit Crisis: Limited Assets and Unlimited Liabilities"
- April 19-20, 2007: "Emerging Issues: Integrated Risk Management and Corporate Governance"
- October 19, 2009: "Credit Derivatives and the Financial Crisis: Public Policy Implications"
- March 3, 2009: "Risk Management in an Era of Uncertainty"
- "Understanding the Derivatives Clearing Process" with Kim Taylor, Managing Director and President, C.M.E. Clearing
- "Intersection of Risk and Governance" with David R. Koenig, CEO, The Governance Fund
- "Topics in Enterprise Risk Management" with Betty Simkins, Finance Department, Oklahoma State University
- "Enterprise Risk Management: Fact, Fiction and Practice" with Frank W. Strenk, Senior Vice President, Risk Management Services
- "Derivatives, Insolvency, and Systematic Risk" with Robert R. Bliss, Professor of Finance, Wake Forest University
- "Collateralized Debt Obligations and the Evolving Credit Crisis" with Joseph V. Rizzi, CapGen Financial
- "IT Risk as a Threat to Business Strategy" with Tom Bugnitz, Principal, The Beta Group
- May 2008: Instability Paper
- December 2007: "A proposal for efficiently resolving out-of-the money swap positions at large insolvent banks" - George G. Kaufman, Professor of Finance and Economics, Loyola University
- April 2007: Tarhan Paper
Other Notable Events
February 22, 2013: "The National Mortgage Settlement"
A massive civil law enforcement investigation and initiative by state attorneys general, state banking regulators, and nearly a dozen federal agencies has resulted in a landmark $25 billion settlement with the nation's five largest mortgage servicers. This important settlement—the largest joint state-federal settlement in history—has played a significant role in addressing the nation's mortgage crisis by providing substantial relief to homeowners. The key figures in this historic settlement will discuss the housing market collapse, the intricate path to the National Mortgage Settlement, and the independent monitor that has been established to oversee the terms of the agreement and ensure its success.
Click here for more information.
March 5 - 6, 2013: "Opportunities & Challenges in Mergers & Acquisitions"
As we head into 2013, mergers & acquisitions continue to be an opportunity in many industries including finance, life sciences, high tech, consumer goods, energy, and manufacturing. It is essential to negotiate and implement deals carefully to maximize success and avoid legal problems. This event will be organized in two Panels, with the first focusing on current M&A deals including markets, pricing, finance, structure, due diligence, and methods of preventing disputes. The second Panel will analyze post-transaction disputes including working capital issues, earnouts and payouts, claims related to damages, indemnification, and the dispute resolution process itself. The Speakers will conclude with recommendations to Boards, C-Suite management, and General Counsel regarding actions they should take now.
May 9-10, 2013: "The Global Risk Management Conference: Navigating Risk in the Global Economy" organized by The Conference Board
Questions or comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.