The Quinlan School of Business' BBA in International Business degree prepares students to excel in positions involving global trade and commerce by imparting the business and communication skills needed to compete internationally.
Available as a primary or secondary major, the international business major combines courses in international accounting, marketing, economics, finance, management, information systems, operations management, and cultural anthropology with foreign-language study. A study abroad experience is required for the major.
Explore International Business
In addition to Core Curriculum and Business Core Curriculum requirements, students pursuing the BBA degree in international business must complete the following courses to earn 18 hours in this major:
- IBUS 201: Introduction to International Business
Five courses from the following:
Group A (choose at least two)
- ACCT 306. Advanced Accounting—Business Combinations, Consolidations and International
- ECON 323. International Economics
- ECON 324. International Monetary Relations
- ECON 325. Economics of Development and Growth
- ECON 364. China in the World Economy (only take either ECON 364 or 368) (B)
- ECON 368. China's Economic Performance and Reforms (only take either ECON 364 or 368) (B)
- FINC 340. Emerging Markets (R)
- FINC 355. International Financial Management
- OPMG 338. Logistics in the Global Economy
Group B (choose at least two)
- HRER 325. Global Employment Relations
- HRER 329. Global Human Resources and Organizational Behavior
- MARK 341. Global Marketing(R)
- MARK 363. International Marketing
- MGMT 305. Global Business Strategy(R)
- MGMT 315. International Management
- SPRT 345. Globalization of the Sport Industry
- ANTH 100. Globalization and Local Cultures
- ANTH 102. Intro to Cultural Anthropology
- PLSC 350. Politics of International Economic Relations
- PLSC 362. Politics of Developing Societies
- PLSC 363. International Politics
*Students may only take up to two courses in the same subject area for this major/minor.
In addition, students pursuing the International Business major/minor have a foreign language requirement.
(Minor) Language Requirement
____ Option 1) 103 level (3 yrs of same language in HS) + Study Abroad(semester or summer program)
____ Option 2) 104 level (4 yrs of same language in HS)
(Major) Language and Study Abroad - All INTL majors are required to study abroad for a semester.
____ Study Abroad(semester programs only, location does not have to match language studied) and language up through 103 level (3 yrs of same language in HS)
At the discretion of the Quinlan School of Business assistant dean, a maximum of one transfer course, taken prior to matriculating at Loyola University Chicago, may be allowed. A 2.0 average GPA is required for all attempted business courses. Quinlan students are limited to double dipping one course between majors/minors, while non-Quinlan students are limited to double dipping two courses between business school minors.