Non-Quinlan students who are pursuing other majors but who wish to expand their skills in this field may pursue a minor in finance. All finance minors must complete the following courses:
- ACCT 201. Introductory Accounting I
- ECON 201. Principles of Economics I (Micro)
- ISOM 241. Business Statistics*
- FINC 332. Business Finance
- FINC 335. Investments
- One additional 300-level finance class
* Students who have completed STAT 103 must take INFS 247 (Business Information Systems) in place of ISOM 241.
Quinlan students will take two additional 300-level finance classes after FINC 335.
At the discretion of the Quinlan School of Business assistant dean, a maximum of one transfer course, taken prior to matriculating at Loyola University Chicago, may be allowed. A 2.0 average GPA is required for all attempted business courses. Quinlan students are limited to double dipping one course between majors/minors, while non-Quinlan students are limited to double dipping two courses between business school minors.