Fall 2013 registration began April 16th and will continue until August 26th. Late and Change registration runs from August 27th - September 4th.
- REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT TIMES
- WALK IN HOURS
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- SCHEDULE BUILDER
- OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Video on how to register for classes
Registration Appointment Times
Reminder: Appointment times are assigned based on the number of earned hours up until the start of the Spring 2012 semester. This semester's hours are not used in calculating your appointment time. Appointment times have not been loaded. Once they are loaded you can locate your appointment time in Locus. Log into Locus, click on "student center" on the right side you will see enrollment dates, click on detail, make sure that you are looking at Fall 2012 registration and your appointment date along with the exact time that you can register should appear.
Scheduling an Appointment with an Academic Advisor
Transfers, Juniors and Seniors please call 312.915.6113.
Maguire Hall, Suite 220, WTC
First and Second Year Advising
First and Second Year students please call 773.508.7714.
or drop by for a walk-in advising appointment, Monday through Friday, 10:00 am - 2:00pm
Sullivan Center for Student Services, Suite 260, LSC
CONTACT: Undergraduate School of Business 312.915.6113 or email@example.com
New classes are continually added to the Core Curriculum. The most up-to date core course listings are found through the Locus course search feature. Please make an advising appointment if you have questions regarding the changes in the Core Curriculum.
Academic Calendar (LUC.edu/academics/schedules/)
The Academic Calendar lists important dates regarding registration, last day to drop classes, withdrawl deadlines and university holidays. Final exam schedules are also posted for the Fall Semester.
Use the Schedule Builder to help map out classes. Be sure to leave at least one class period between classes when you have to travel between the lakeshore and watertower campuses.
Schedule builder form
Other useful information:
1) You should check your appointment time as soon as they are loaded so you know when you are first eligible to register for Fall 2012 (term #1126). Once your appointment time starts, you are okay to register for the entire period of open enrollment. Registration times are based on earned hours and that does not include those that you are enrolled in for Spring 2012.
2) Students encountering registration holds should contact the office that has placed the registration hold on your account and rectify any situation so that you will be allowed to register. To check for holds on your account, login to LOCUS and click on STUDENT CENTER, HOLDS are listed on the right side, click on details to see what services are impacted by your HOLDS. HOLDS can negatively affect one’s ability to register for classes. It is each students’ responsibility to ensure that your LOCUS account is open for registration. Registering at the designated appointment time allows for timely enrollment into the classes of your choice. HOLDS may prevent you from securing the class schedule you wish to have.
3) Students encountering registration difficulty in terms of not meeting prerequisites or gaining permission to repeat a course should fill out necessary paperwork in 220 Maguire Hall after you have successfully registered for your other courses. You may also send an email to SBA-Registration@luc.edu. Transfer students in particular will encounter registration errors if they have transferred in prerequisite courses. Every effort will be made to register students when they complete the necessary paperwork and or email us. We will not be preregistering these issues so wait until your appointment time to contact us.
4) Reminder: A student may only register for one writing intensive course in a given semester. Any student that is found to be registered for more than 1 writing intensive course will be withdrawn from one of the courses.
5) Reminder: Overrides for closed course sections will not be granted at this time. Please do not contact instructors from the School of Business as they will not be able to grant permission. Only Dr. Ries can grant permission and that will not happen at this time. Continue to try to secure a seat through the open enrollment period. Open enrollment for Fall 2012 continues through Sunday, August 26th, 2012. The wait list function in LOCUS is operational for a select number of courses.
6) Courses with section numbers of 700 are for students in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Students in the School of Business will not be able to register for those courses/sections. These are the courses listed as 8 week courses.
7) Approved CORE class listings can be found on LUC.edu/core, or using the drop down menu in the class search function.
8) We are continuing to make academic advising appointments. Juniors, seniors and transfer students may call 312.915.6113 to make the appointment with Matt Rombach or Dr. Ries. Or, you may stop in to 220 Maguire Hall to make the appointment. First-year students and sophmores should call 773.508.7714.