Welcome to the Neighborhood: Andersonville
- Hamburger Mary’s
- What: Located in the heart of Andersonville, Hamburger Mary’s provides a refreshingly entertaining dining experience. After being seated in the kitschy dining room dotted with thrifty knick knacks, browse the three-star certified green menu filled with unique burger selections. Vegetarian? No problem; Hamburger Mary’s offers a number of meat-free selections. Stop by on Sundays at 8 p.m. for HamBINGO, a weekly bingo game that benefits local Chicago charities.
- Where: 5400 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL
- Hours: 7 days a week, 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Directions from Loyola: Hop on the 36 Broadway bus towards LaSalle Metra Station at Devon and Magnolia. Exit at the Broadway and Balmoral stop and walk four blocks west down Balmoral until you reach Clark. Hamburger Mary’s will be located at the intersection of Clark and Balmoral!
- Milk Handmade
- What: Sprouted from “childhood dreams, a deep passion for clothes, and a desire to bring handmade, high-quality style to Chicago,” Milk Handmade spotlights a number of independent and local designers, ensuring that each piece is one-of-a-kind. Think of it as the real-life Etsy for men’s and women’s clothing and accessories!
- Where: 5137 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL
- Hours: Monday–Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, Noon to 5 p.m.
- Directions from Loyola: Jump on the 36 Broadway bus towards LaSalle Metra Station at Devon and Magnolia. Exit at the Broadway and Carmen stop and walk two blocks west down Winona until you reach Clark. Milk Handmade will be located at the intersection of Winona and Clark!
- College pHarm Night
- What: Join Chicago’s up-and-coming improv talent for pH Production’s College pHarm Night! Improv teams from Loyola, DePaul, Columbia, and Dominican University compete each Thursday, so come show your support for your fellow Ramblers! The show begins at 10 p.m., but arrive early, as the performances usually sell out!
- When: Thursday, September 5, 2013 (hosted every Thursday)
- Where: The pH Comedy Theater, 1515 W. Berwyn Ave., Chicago, IL
- How Much: $5
- Directions from Loyola: Hop on the Red Line at Loyola and head south towards 63rd/Ashland. Exit at the Berwyn stop and walk a half mile west down Berwyn just past Clark. The pH Comedy Theater will be located on the left!