Re-Apply for Housing
Welcome Back Ramblers! Below you will find important dates and detailed steps outlining the application & selection process for housing for returning students.
January 31st: Contract and Prepayment available through LOCUS using the Housing Prepayment link under Residence Life in the Left hand menu. The prepayment can only be made through the student's LOCUS account.
February 5th and 6th - Make-up Information Sessions (2/5 at 7pm in Crown Auditorium & 2/6 at 8pm in Cuneo Room 109)
February 7th: Exemption request deadline- Applications DUE (www.luc.edu/erelease)
February 14th: Applications and pre-payments DUE
February 19th: Lottery and Roommate ID numbers e-mailed to LUC e-mail accounts
February 20th-21st: Online Room selection current Second-Year, Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate students.
February 24th-26th: Online Room selection current First-Year students.
March 17th: Final Confirmation E-mails Sent (To university E-mail account)
Check out each step below to learn more!
The housing application for returning students will be available beginning Jnuary 31, 2014.
Understanding the process
- Attend Reapplication Information session during January 23th – January 27th. Separate meetings will be held for rising sophomores, rising juniors/seniors, graduate students, students currently commuting, students with ADA housing requirements, and students with full room and board scholarships. Get tips, details, and learn how to get your application started! (students will be notified if they should attend a special population information session)
Exploring your options
- Visit Living Options to learn more about available housing opportunities for returning students.
- Participate in Upperclass Area Tours during the week of January 28th to tour housing options.
- Talk to your friends and classmates about living together – start to think about who your roommates might be!
- Review the housing Terms of Agreement to ensure you understand your rights and responsibilities in the housing application and contract process.
- Review the Room & Board Rates to learn more about the different costs for next year.
Applying for housing
- Complete your Housing Application through your LOCUS account beginning January 31st. Be sure to complete all sections of the application, including roommates, lifestyle preferences, and meal plan selections. Need help with this? Stop by our offices in Simpson Living Learning Center, room 107.
- Submit your non-refundable $500 housing prepayment through your LOCUS account beginning Jaunary 31st. Need help with your prepayment? Contact the Department of Residence Life.
- Complete all application materials and your pre-payment by the February 14th deadline to be eligible for the online self-selection process. All rising sophomores (current first year students) MUST apply for on-campus housing! *
Preparing for online room selection
- Receive your lottery number and selection time via your LUC email account on February 19th.
- Work with your roommate group to plan for your selection time. Collect important information you will need for the online selection process (Loyola ID, housing ID number, meal plan preferences, etc.) to make sure you are prepared!
- Based on the number of applications received, the Department of Residence Life will notify students of any anticipated need for a Deferred Housing list for students who may not be able to participate in the online self-selection process.
Choosing your room
- Select your room during your assigned time!
- Online Room Self-Selection for Current First Year Students: February 24th – 26th
- Online Room Self-Selection for All other Students: February 20th – 21st
- Use the step-by-step guide to online room selection if you want a little extra help during your assigned lottery time
STEP 6: Confirming your space
- Receive a final confirmation email from the Department of Residence Life by March.
- Any students who were unable to participate in online room selection due to limited number of available spaces will receive more information about the Deferred Housing process after Spring Break.
* Any rising sophomore who wishes to request exemption from the residency requirement must submit an online Request for Release/Exemption Form by February 7th for review. Any rising sophomore who fails to submit an online housing application or is not approved for an exemption will be assigned housing after the online selection period has ended.
The housing application for returning students will be available beginning January 31, 2014. (For best results use Internet Explorer)