Welcome to Loyola!
As you can probably imagine, moving over 4000 students into a densely populated, urban neighborhood over a few days is quite a feat. Loyola University Chicago’s Department of Residence Life, with the help of our campus partners: has developed a structured and efficient process that makes the move-in experience for students and their parents/guardians very easy. The key to our process is the specifically assigned move-in days and times that each individual student will receive via their Move-In manual and email. Moving into your assigned residence hall at the correct time and being familiar with the steps below will help us move you into your space in 20 to 30 minutes!
- Before Move-In Students will receive detailed information- via their LUC Email account regarding their housing assignment and move-in time. Included in this information is a move-in passport that includes the student’s room assignment, move-in date & time, campus mailing address, meal plan, and other student(s) assigned to the room. Information is subject to change.
- Please Travel in One car only. Multiple cars, RV's or other large vehicles will be redirected. Students will be given a parking pass for one vehicle in their move-in manual.
- Students MUST move-in at their assigned move-in time. We are unable to take requests for specific move-in dates or times, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you or a parent/guardian/family member require special accommodations (wheelchair accessibility, limited mobility), please feel free to contact our office so that we may assist you.
- Be sure to provide documentation of your Immunization records with the wellness center if you have not already done so (www.luc.edu/wellness/immunizations/shtml).
- Loyola University Chicago recommends renters insurance for all residents. Loyola University Chicago does not accept or assume responsibility for the theft, damage, or other loss of any tangible or intangible personal property.
- Res-Life has partnered with USS to offer several services, including ship-to-your-room, micro fridge rental, and residence hall linens. Click Here for more info
PLAN YOUR MOVE-IN DAY!
- Don’t miss your move-in time! Each student will be assigned their own move-in date and time. Please plan your trip accordingly to arrive at the given time. If you arrive outside of your move-in time period, you will be redirected to a parking garage and you will have to wait until conditions allow you to proceed.
- Move-In assistance is available on scheduled move-in days and times only. Professional movers and student volunteers will be available with Move-In carts to help you unload! This is why it is critical that you move-in during your assigned time!
- Don't over pack! Everything should be able to fit into two move-in carts (carts are 48" X 28.5" X 59"). Students with Large Furniture may be prohibited from bringing it into the residence halls.
- Don’t Use cardboard Boxes! Use plastic storage bins, which will be very handy when it comes time to move out!
- There are many local shopping options that are easy to get to and will help keep your packing light! Click here to view local shopping options!
GET TO CAMPUS!
- Traffic, unloading and parking information for arriving on campus are all included within your Move-In manual.
- Please travel in one car only. Multiple Cars, RV's and other large vehicles will be redirected. Each student will receive a parking pass for one car only in their move-in manual.
- The following are Move-In Days (YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR OWN MOVE-IN DATE AND TIME. The following dates are for planning purposes only)
- Water Tower Campus
- Sunday, August 17: Graduate Student and Law School Move-In and Baumhart Move-in Volunteers
- Tuesday, August 19: Baumhart Move-in
- Lakeshore Campus
- Monday, August 18th: Start the Fire Retreat Participants/Move-in Volunteers/ Internationa Students
- Tuesday, August 19th: Lakeshore Campus move-in Volunteers / Last Orientation Participants
- Wednesday, August 20th: First Year Out Of State Students , Learning Community, and Transfer Students Move-in.
- Thursday, August 21st: First Year In State Students and Learning Community.
- Saturday, August 23rd / Sunday, August 24th: Sophomore and Upper-class Move-In
- Water Tower Campus
- RVs and moving trucks are STRONGLY discouraged. Over-size vehicles will be redirected and will not be allowed in the unloading zones by the residence halls.
- Have your Insurance Card, Loyola ID & Emergency contact information ready as you pull up to your designated unloading area at your assigned time, as detailed in your Move-In Manual.
- Once you arrive on campus, Hall Staff will be on hand to meet you and guide you to your check-in tent. Students may only check-in at the tent for their residence hall.
- You will be given a key to your room and other important documents at the check-in tent.
- While you are checking in, our move-in volunteers and professional movers will unload your car and take your belongings to your room.
- Once in your room, please fill out an eRCR, which is a room condition report, before you unpack! This can be found at luc.edu/ercr
- As you settle in, please take time to meet your Resident Director, Resident Assistants & Desk Receptionists. They will be a great resource as you adjust to Loyola and Chicago!
- Unpack! Welcome Home!