Apply for Housing
We are excited to have you join the Residence Life Community at Loyola! We believe that living in our residence halls and apartments contributes to a more holistic and more vibrant college experience.
When Viewing our Living Options, please take advantage of our Living Comparison Guide for Freshmen and Transfer Students
All newly admitted freshmen and transfer students must submit their housing applications and deposits through the Undergraduate Admissions Admitted Student Portal as part of the New Student Checklist. You can log in to this system at http://luc.edu/undergrad/admittedstudentportal/.
(For best results use Internet Explorer)
For students interested in requesting in exemption to our residency requirement you will also find information about this process in the Housing Contract section of the Admitted Student Portal.
Requesting a Roommate
Students who wish to request a roommate as part of our summer roommate request process can now do so online by filling out this Roommate Request Form*.
*Potential roommates must be living in the same residence hall; Both potential roommates must request one another; requests are due by July 11, Residence Life staff will send an e-mail confirmation of roommate approval to the students Loyola University Chicago e-mail address.
- Loyola has a two year residency requirement. All unmarried, full-time undergraduate students under the age of 21 are required to live in Loyola's residence halls.
- The housing application is a binding legal contract.
- The housing deposit for new students is non-refundable after May 1.
- All students living on the Lake Shore Campus are required to have a meal plan.
- Students with medical needs should work the Services for Students with Disabilities Office to receive an ADA recommendation. All recommendations should be on file by the May 1 application deadline.
- We try to make the best assignment for you based upon your housing preferences, but we cannot guarantee to meet all of your preferences in your housing assignment.