Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you provide a linen service?
We provide all sheets, towels, pillows, and blankets. Once a week, residents may trade in their used linens for a new set. Residents will be alerted of the linen schedule.
- Do you allow refrigerators, microwaves, micro-fridges, or other appliances?
The Retreat & Ecology Campus does not allow any small appliances in residential rooms. This includes, but is not limited to: refrigerators of any size, microwaves, micro-fridges, toasters, coffeemakers, griddles and grills, and hot plates. As an ecology campus, we endeavor to limit the use of electricity, and this is one of the ways we work to eliminate energy waste. A microwave and full-sized refrigerator are available in the Student Lounge for community use. Small fans are allowed in residential rooms.
- What laundry services are available?
Coin laundry services are available to students.
- What is the address should I use for deliveries and letters?
Loyola University Chicago, 2710 South Country Club Road, Woodstock, IL 60098. Please be sure to have your name and room number clearly identified on any packages that are sent to you.
- Can I have my magazine and newspaper subscriptions forwarded to Retreat Campus?
We will not distribute any subscription publications such as magazines, newspapers, or periodicals. Please do not have them sent to campus.
- What if I have maintenance concern regarding my room or the building?
Maintenance Request Forms are available in both the North and South Wing lobbies. Requests can also be made to a Retreat & Ecology Campus staff member. If it is an emergency request, please contact a staff member immediately for assistance.
- Do I have a meal plan?
All Retreat & Ecology Campus residential students have a three-meal-per-day plan. Meals are served buffet or family style in the Dining Hall. If you have any food allergies, please alert staff members prior to your arrival so special accommodations can be made for you. Meals are served at the following times:
Breakfast: 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Lunch: Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Are there any vending machines on campus?
In our efforts to create a sustainable campus, we have chosen not to have vending machines due to the large amount of packaging waste they produce. Water is available on every floor, and fountain beverages are available at meal times. We encourage students to bring their own snack foods and beverages during their stay.
- Will we have phones in our rooms?
Phones are not supplied in student residential rooms. There are no public phones. Please use your personal cell phone, or contact a Retreat & Ecology Campus staff member for emergencies. If your parents or guardians need to find you in an emergency, please have them call the Campus main line at 815.338.1032 during regular business hours.
- What items are included in the room?
All rooms are furnished with bunk beds, one desk chair, one side chair, and one desk. Keep in mind that your room is small and that you will be sharing this space with another person. Remember that small appliances (micro-fridges, grills, coffeemakers, etc.) are not allowed in residential rooms. We also furnish sheets, towels, and blankets.
- What items should I bring?
Items you may bring:
- Alarm clock
- Basic first aid
- Laundry supplies
- School supplies
- Computer paper
- Pens and pencils
- Stationary, envelopes, and stamps
- Stereo/MP3 player and headphones>
- Small Fan
- Extension cords and surge protectors
- Camera and film
- A few dishes and some silverware
- Playing cards and board games
- Sports equipment
- Cell phone and charger
- What should I NOT bring to campus?
Do not bring these items:
- Small appliances
- Air-conditioning units
- Ceiling fans
- Dishwashers or other major electrical appliances
- Candles or incense
- Drugs, alcohol or any related paraphernalia
- Halogen lamps
- Large sofas or other large pieces of furniture
- Flammable liquids
- Heirlooms or expensive jewelry
- Hot plates, toasters, cooking appliances of any nature, or cup-type immersion water heaters.