Transcripts are not automatically sent to a visiting student's home university at the end of the student's attendance at the Rome Center. Each visiting student can request a transcript through LOCUS. Once the new semester begins, visiting students are no longer in the LOCUS system and can order their transcript as an alumnus of the JFRC by going to the web-page for the registrar, http://transcriptrequest.luc.edu/alumni/pages/jsp/, filling in the fields indicated, and submitting the form on-line.
The fee will be waived for a visiting student's initial transcript request; multiple or subsequent requests will require the fee. No transcript will be issued unless all of that student's financial obligations, including any fines incurred while at the Rome Center, have been satisfied. Notices on this procedure will be posted in Rome.
- When requesting a transcript, students should bear in mind that final grades may not be available until approximately two-to three-weeks after the end of the term.
- If students have their transcripts sent and later a change of grade is made, another transcript will not automatically be sent. Students must request a corrected copy and pay a $5.00 fee.
- When requesting a transcript by mail, students must include the following information: name, address, Social Security Number, dates of attendance at the Rome Center, and complete address where transcript is to be sent. Please also enclose a check to cover the cost of $5.00 per transcript after the initial request.
Transferring to Loyola University Chicago
Two categories of students who wish to attend Loyola University Chicago upon their return from the Rome Center must complete a "Transfer Within the University" form:
- Visiting students who have never attended a division of Loyola-Chicago before the Rome Center, and
- Continuing Loyola students who wish to attend another division of Loyola after the Rome Center.
Students may get this form from the office of the assistant director / registrar in Rome. Once the form is completed, it will be forwarded to Loyola-Chicago for processing.
Students who did not formerly attend Loyola-Chicago will be evaluated by the Undergraduate Admission Office as degree candidates and should receive notification of admission approximately four-to-six weeks following the submission of the transfer form and required transcripts.
Students who are returning to the same division of Loyola upon their return from the Rome Center do not complete any forms. Their re-admission to their home college is automatic.