The safety and well being of the Loyola community is of the utmost importance. To ensure the health and safety of all participants home prepared foods of any kind are prohibited for sale and/or distribution. Student Organizations are encouraged to work with Loyola University Chicago’s food service provider, Aramark, when catering or providing food for the University community. If the event requires unique catering that Aramark is unable to provide; student organizations should comply with the following expectations:
Temporary Food Sales and Special Event Requirements:
Any RSO sponsored event that is open to non-members; including Alumni, must follow the below guidelines.
- DO NOT PREPARE ANY FOOD AT HOME (includes residence halls) - home prepared foods are strictly prohibited.
- Food must be purchased or donated from a vendor listed on the Preferred Vendor List. Special accommodations can be arranged for an RSO to prepare food on campus in partnership with Aramark.
- Only prepackaged, store bought or donated items may be sold.
- To prevent contamination it is expected that RSO representatives serve all food while wearing gloves, whether being distributed or sold. The only exception is when food items are individually wrapped.
- All baked goods must be from authorized food establishments and must be portioned out for single servings.
- Gloves must be worn when selling or serving food.
- No seafood of any kind.
- No eating, drinking or smoking is allowed while engaged in food handling. Wash hands after eating, drinking or smoking before resuming food handling.
- All food transported must be protected from contamination at all times (use food shields, covers, keep off of the ground, etc.).
- Provide trash containers and recycle bins positioned conveniently throughout the duration of the event.
- Any event being held in an Aramark space during hours of operation must use Aramark services (Rambler Room, Lakeshore Dining, Simpson Dining, etc.).
- Some spaces on campus require Aramark be used as the exclusive food service provider; please contact Campus Reservations for a list of those spaces.
- Cookouts or grilling is prohibited unless Aramark or a Student Activities & Greek Affairs approved vendor is used as the food service provider. Vendor must supply and cook food. Students may serve food but are required to wear gloves.
Food vendors listed on the preferred vendor list have provided both documentation of safe food handling procedures and proof of insurance coverage.
If you would like to work with a food vendor that is not currently on the preferred vendor list please email request to add vendor to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAGA will work with proposed vendor directly to meet requirements. Alternatively, the student group can work directly with the prospective vendor to secure proof of safe food handling procedures and proof of insurance coverage and submit documentation to SAGA. If requirements are met the vendor will be added to the preferred vendor.