Activity Request Form
RSOs are required to complete and submit an Activity Request Form, via Orgsync, in advance of any RSO related activity. Activities include general or e-board meetings, fundraisers, information tables, and activities open to non-members.
- To submit an activity request form log in to OrgSync>click on the calendar tab>click on the date of your event>click on green tab to create event
- For the submission deadlines for activities funded through the SAF, please visit the Funding section. Deadlines are different for SPOT funded programs and Semester Budget Requested programs.
- Activity Request Forms must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the event day.
A Student Activities & Greek Affairs Staff member will review the request and will send a confirmation of receipt and request response via email within 1 week of submission.
Credit Card Request - *Use the Orgsync treasury module for all credit card requests (SAF, Start Up Funding, Revenue).
- All credit card requests for delivery orders are due at least 72 hours prior to the activity. All credit card requests for orders requiring pick-up are due at least 5 business days prior to the activity. Please take shipping time into consideration when placing a credit card request. Non-standard shipping fees are the responsibility of the RSO – they will not be funded from the SAF.
- In the event that the vendor or individual does not accept credit card payment over the phone or online, RSO’s are required to make the payment on their own and can file a reimbursement form to be refunded for the cost of the purchase.
- Please note that RSOs are responsible for all costs attributed to the credit card requests. All funds will be deducted from the RSO’s University account. RSO’s are also responsible for returning all receipts from credit card requests within 48 hours of the event.
- The purchase must occur in the SAGA office by phone or other predetermined arrangements. Only businesses found on the SAGA Preferred Vendor List will be approved for SAGA credit card use. If using a non-preferred vendor Reimbursement is the only payment option (no reimbursements will be given when food is purchased using a non-preferred vendor). Non-standard shipping fees are the responsibility of the RSO – they will not be funded from the SAF.
- RSOs may file an appeal of the Allocations Committee ruling on their funding request(s).
- The appealing organization must submit a petition with 5 business days after the Allocations notification to SAGA and the USGA Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- This petition must include reasons for the appeal, and a copy of the original budget request including the original supporting documentation.
- RSOs must complete a Deposit Form any time a SAGA cash box is used.
- The Deposit Form is used to document the original amount loaned (if applicable), amounts collected, total deposit amount, and indicates a signature of a witness confirming the return of the box and loan funds.
- Deposit Forms must be returned with the SAGA cash box.
- Cash box and funds must be returned 24 hours after the event concludes; if the event falls on a weekend and the SAGA office is closed it is expected that the cash box and funds are returned by the following business day by noon.
Internal Billing Form
The Internal Billing form (IBF) is the only form that is not available on OrgSync. The IBF is for when RSO’s are utilizing internal Loyola services such as the Copy Center or Aramark catering. For the Copy Center:
- Visit the Copy Center (Lower Level of CFSU to get form and estimate)
- Bring to SAGA office (lower level of CFSU, LL-39) for approval
- Return Pink copy to SAGA office
Reimbursement Requests - *Use the Orgsync treasury module for all reimbursements (SAF/SUF/Revenue).
- Members of RSOs can seek reimbursement for purchases made on behalf of the organization.
- All reimbursements will come from the RSOs University Account or 2510/Revenue account, if applicable.
- Reimbursements will only be covered in the event that the RSO has enough funds to cover the cost of the reimbursement. In addition to the reimbursement request, individuals must submit itemized receipts outlining what items were purchased.
- Some items are prohibited from being reimbursed. For more information on prohibited items please see the fund management section.
- Reimbursements can take up to four weeks from the date of submission. If the individual being reimbursed is a Loyola University Chicago employee the reimbursement will be incorporated into that individual’s paycheck.
- RSOs must use a performance agreement for any off-campus individual, group,mpany that comes to campus, paid or unpaid, or otherwise is engaged in a contracted business with an RSO.
- Performance agreements are due at least four weeks prior to the event.
- A late performance agreement can lead to your organization’s activity being postponed or canceled.
- RSOs must use a Contract Rider for any off-campus individual, group, or company that has its own contract.
- Contract Riders are due at least four weeks prior to the event and must be accompanied by the off-campus individual, group, or company’s contract.
- A late Contract Rider can lead to your organization’s activity being postponed or canceled.
W-9 - All performers/vendors must submit a completed W-9 to receive payment.
- RSOs should use this form to secure a quote from any off-campus individual, group, or company.
- This form is not a contract, but can be used as an official quote for the purposes of securing SAF funding through the Allocations Committee.
- This form can be used for getting a quote from guest speakers, comedians, musicians, DJs, etc.
Additional Organization Forms
Organization Supply Request Form
Student Activities & Greek Affairs has a limited number of items for Organizations to use throughout the academic year. The following items are available FREE of charge for student organizations to rent.
- Sandwich Boards for advertisement/marketing
- Cash Boxes (required for fundraising events)
- Push Carts
- Mega Phone (not to be used during class hours on campus)
RSOs must use the Request Form for activities where money is exchanged (includes fundraising, ticket sales, etc.). SAGA will provide cash boxes as well as a safe for temporary money management and storage. An account loan can be provided up to $100 in the case where change is needed.
The Request Form is due 48 hours prior to the event via OrgSync. Items and/or funds must be returned 24 hours after the event concludes; if the event falls on a weekend and the SAGA office is closed it is expected that the items and/or funds are returned the following business day by noon. The deposit form must be completed and returned at the same time as the cash box.
Ticket Distribution Form
RSOs must use the Ticket Distribution Form any time an organization is pre-selling any tickets to an activity either on or off campus. Ticket Distribution Forms are due at least seven days prior to the event. All pre-sale tickets will be sold at the CFSU or TSC Information Desks and all revenues will be transferred to the RSOs University Account unless specified as a fundraiser.
- RSOs traveling over 100 miles domestically or internationally are required to complete and submit a Travel Information Form through Orgsync at least 10 business days in advance of domestic travel dates and 8 weeks in advance of international travel dates.
- Participants that are driving in private vehicles must complete a Driver Agreement at least one week prior to their departure. This agreement will state that the participant understands that their personal insurance will be used to cover any claims made.
- Liability waivers (group waiver) are required for any event that presents the potential for danger to any participant (see Risk Assessment Worksheet to determine potential for danger). If you are unsure about whether or not your event requires a waiver, please contact Student Activities & Greek Affairs (SAGA).