Semester Budget Requests (SBR)—Funding requests for the following semester.
SPOT Funding Requests (SPOT)—For funding requests during the current semester only. Organizations can only submit 2 requests per SPOT cycle. There are typically 2 SPOT cycles per semester.
Appeals—Appealing an allocation decision: Student Organizations have the right to appeal a decision by the allocations committee. A budget appeal form must be completed via OrgSync within five business days of the original decision. Appeals must be based on:
- Claim of procedural error by the Allocations Committee
- Claim that a partially funded event could not exist without additional resources
All organization funds (SAF or Revenue) are accessible through the individual organization's treasury module on OrgSync. Student Organization Administrators have access to:
- Check Requests
- Credit Card Payment Request
- Reimbursement Request
- Internal Billing (copy center, catering, etc.)
- Balance inquiries (how much do you have in your account?)
Registered student organizations may participate in fundraising activities. Funds raised with SAF support will return to the SAF for reallocation, unless previously approved for direct donation to a non-profit organization. Other funds raised through an event may be deposited into an RSO's Revenue account, provided no SAF was used.
- Eating contests
- Date auctions
- Bar or tavern fundraisers
- Other events at discretion of SAGA