All Registered Student Organizations are afforded the privilege of being able to request and use University space and facilities. The University values the contributions and programs that registered student organizations provide for the campus community and firmly support those initiatives by providing space for RSOs to function; however, this privilege comes with responsibilities and expectations.
- Registered student organizations should only request space that the organization intends to use. This includes requesting the most appropriate space for the type of activities you are conducting. This also includes taking into consideration the size of the space you need and the duration of your activity.
- Registered student organizations are expected to notify Campus Reservations at least 48 hours in advance if a space is no longer needed by that organization. This allows other organizations the opportunity to accomplish their mission and purpose.
- Registered student organizations are expected to return spaces to the same condition that they were given. This means everything from cleaning up after your organization’s activity; to making sure all lights and technology are powered down.
- Registered student organizations are expected to have their room reservation confirmation on hand to ensure that campus spaces are being used by the appropriate parties.
Space Requests Guidelines
The information below is a set of space guidelines, established by SAGA and Campus Reservations. There are limits to the number of requests RSOs can make. Any requests that fall outside of these guidelines must be approved by both SAGA and Campus Reservations.
- General & E-board meetings: 2 hours
- Special Events: 4-6 hours
- 1 General meeting per week
- 1 E-board meeting per week
- No more than 2 special events per month
- To reserve a table you must submit your request at least 1 week in advance
- No limitations on banner/poster space
- All overnight space requests require approval from the Associate Dean of Students. Campus Reservations will not approve the request without prior approval from the Associate Dean of Students.
- Registered student organizations that hold other office space on campus are not eligible to request locker space.
- Students are reminded that being allocated a locker space is a privilege. Students are responsible for maintaining University policies in their locker. The Dean of Students or designee reserves the right to remove organizations from an allocated locker space after a conduct review of any incident.
- If allocated, a locker space is held by an organization until May Commencement. Therefore, organizations holding locker space that will not be returning to the same space for the next academic year must be cleared out by the last day of finals or the organization will forfeit rights to any materials left in their locker space.
- RSOs should be aware that SAGA, Centennial Forum Student Union, and Dean of Student’s staffs periodically inspect locker spaces to ensure compliance with safety rules.
- To keep Centennial Forum Student Union pest free, storing perishable food items is highly discouraged in student organization lockers. Student organizations are responsible for cleaning up their space periodically to prevent spoilage or overfilling the space.
- Keys for lockers are distributed through the Information Desk in Centennial Forum Student Union.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact Student Activities & Greek Affairs at (773) 508-8850.
Key Authorization and Access Policy
Organizations which occupy locker space in Centennial Forum Student Union must comply with the policy regarding keys to their assigned locker. Up to 4 members per organization may be granted authorization to check out keys.
The Primary Executive Officer must:
- Complete and submit a key authorization list of officers/members who will be allowed access to the locker key.
- Immediately notify SAGA of any changes in membership affecting key authorization and access to the organization locker.
The officer/member who checks out the key agrees to:
- Leave LUC ID with Student Union Information Desk until key is returned.
- Use the key(S) for his/her own use. It is understood that the key will not be passed off to anyone else.
- Return all keys after use to the Information Desk. Keys are not allowed to be checked out for extended periods of time, they must be checked out and returned for each use of the locker.
- Notify SAGA of any lost keys immediately; a $50 fine will be charged to the individual in order to have the locker re-keyed.
- All keys not returned prior to commencement exercises will be subject to a $50 fine per key.
- Return key(s) upon request if the officer resigns or is otherwise determined to have violated the key policy.
- Understand that any property damage to the locker may be referred to the Student Conduct System.