This notice was sent on December 10, 2012
As has been announced, we will be moving to Sakai starting with summer sessions in 2013. One of the first steps in our migration to Sakai is to select and migrate courses from Blackboard. We are asking faculty to select those courses they would like to have migrated to Sakai.
While we do have a migration process in place, we encourage creating courses from scratch in Sakai. Working from scratch helps one more appropriately plan course structure and provides practice using the new system.
To select courses for migration:
- Go to the direct link at: http://www.luc.edu/BbToSakai or follow the link in the LOCUS portal where it says, “Blackboard to Sakai Migration” and;
- Select courses from the list that should be moved to Sakai.
- If you have multiple sections of a course select only one section or copy.
- Course shells with migrated content in Sakai will be ready for faculty beginning Monday, February 4, 2013.
- Please complete course selections no later than Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 in order to ensure a course is migrated to Sakai.
- There may be some errors in the course migration process. Faculty are strongly encouraged to review the migrated courses in Sakai early in the spring semester. If there are errors, faculty will be able to go back to Blackboard to retrieve the original material.· Blackboard will no longer be available after May 31st, 2013.
Any courses not selected during this process will not be migrated to Sakai.
Bruce Montes, Director, Academic Technology Services
Carol Scheidenhelm, Director, Faculty Center for Ignatian Pedagogy