Loyola Chapter of SPJ
Loyola Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
Embedded in the history of Journalism is the Society of Professional Journalists. It is the nation's largest and most broad-based journalism organization, dedicated to encouraging the free practice of print and electronic journalism and stimulating high standards of ethical behavior. The SPJ code of ethics is still the gold-standard by which industry professionals abide today.
The Loyola Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists has won the Best Chapter in the Region award three times.
Follow Loyola SPJ on Twitter @LoyolaSPJ and search for us on Facebook.
|Faculty Advisor: Beth Konrad
Executive Board Contact Information
Samantha Sartori | email@example.com
Elise Haas | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellie Diaz | email@example.com
Grace Runkel | firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Buitrago | email@example.com
Digital Media Chair
Maria Riegel | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The opportunity to travel the country to participate in the regional and national SPJ conferences where they network and learn from leading industry professionals;
- Become connected with fellow journalism majors and faculty members;
- Direct relationship with the Chicago Headline Club (the SPJ professional chapter in Chicago);
- Eligible to win individual and chapter awards on a regional and national basis;
- Great way to jumpstart your career;
- Organize cutting-edge campus-wide events that tackle hot-button issues in journalism; and
- Special online benefits through www.spj.org such as the Digital Quill, blogs, training programs and job opportunities.
Interested in becoming part of SPJ?
Meetings: SPJ meets every other Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the School of Communication.
If you are interested in joining the Loyola Chapter of SPJ or participating in events, please email email@example.com for more information.
Faculty Advisor: Beth Konrad, Senior Professional in Residence; 312.915.6534; School of Communication 214, WTC