Bachelor's in Multimedia Journalism
From newspapers to fake news.
Five years ago, newsrooms were experimenting with apps. Now they’re exploring the nexus between journalism and virtual reality.
Despite all of the changes in the news industry over the last decade, one thing has stayed the same - journalism is an essential part of democracy.
At Loyola University Chicago, we’re committed to ensuring journalism survives and thrives in the future. We teach students the skills every journalist must master, including:
- A commitment to ethics and social justice
We know technology has changed the way the public consumes journalism. So we also teach our students the other skills storytellers must excel at, including:
- Shooting and editing photos and video
- Recording and editing audio
- Designing web sites and other types of content
- Promoting content and understanding metrics
- A willingness to explore emerging media