Using Solution Focused Interventions in School: The question we ask shapes what answers our clients give us.
Saturday, April 12, 2014 Registration 8:30am, Presentation from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Presenter: Robin Bluestone-Miller, LCSW
Location: Quinlan School of Business, Room 110 (1 East Pearson)
Participants who complete this workshop will
- Understand the basic philosophy and assumptions of Solution-Focused therapy and how to apply it to school settings.
- Learn to work with the strengths of students in individual, group and classroom settings.
- Learn to see the capacities and resources of all persons in their school community.
- Practice using solution-building conversations with teachers, students and parents.
- Understand the benefits of scaling as a measurement tool to assess progress, to evaluate commitment to change and as a common language which helps instill hope.
General admission: $60
Agency or School (fee per rep/person and up to 3 may attend at discounted rate) and Alumni: $40
Adjunct faculty, Field Instructors, Non-Loyola and Students seeking CEUs: $30
Loyola Students (w/ ID) not seeking CEUs: $10
Walk-ins are wlecome! [Cash or check payment only]
Note: Please indicate if you are seeking CEUs or CDPUs when you register.